So ANGRY!!!

Options
Okay, I got a notification maybe a few days ago or so that someone commented on one of my old weight loss vlogs on YouTube. I was curious to see what it was, but somehow I knew I shouldn't of looked. This is what the ignorant jerk said.

"u are very fat"

Being angry, I tried to calmly say, "No ****, that's why I'm DIETING :|"

That vlog was when I was at my heaviest (372), and I'm currently at 326.4. I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but it made me very angry! :explode:

Replies

• bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry :( I don't understand why some people feel the need to be nasty for no reason. Keep up the good work and don't let people who have nothing nice to say bring you down. You are the better person!
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You are great!

And that's the case no matter how much you might or might not weigh. You're just great!!
  • Charrisse
    Options
    I'm sorry. People are ignorant.
    You are making the right moves, taking the right steps and moving forward with your journey. Don't let negativity get you down. People who can't be constructive and bitter are just reflecting their own inner agony.

Keep up the hard work, and focus on the positive help this incredible site offers!

((HUGS))
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It's comments like those that need to make us push harder... not so we aren't "fat" but so we show them that we're more than just a stereotype. When I was 14, I was anything but fat, and a little girl at my church...who was fat, told me I was fat. Most people who are mean enough to say it to your face are just insecure about themselves.

Girl, you have SHOWN that jerk already that you're more than just a stereotype and if you can do something about it, well good for you!!
  • Charrisse
    Options
    I'm sorry. People are ignorant.
    You are making the right moves, taking the right steps and moving forward with your journey. Don't let negativity get you down. People who can't be constructive and bitter are just reflecting their own inner agony.

Keep up the hard work, and focus on the positive help this incredible site offers!

((HUGS))
  • skynyrdchick
    Options
    People are idiots and being mean to other people makes them feel better about their own useless lives. Try to brush it off and continue on your weight loss journey knowing there are good people out there that love you and are proud of you :o)
  • Toaster88
    Options
    He's some nameless, faceless jerk. That is the extent of the respect that comment deserves.

You are happy with your progress, and so are we. Shake it off, and keep going.
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Just ignore the clowns :) You'll be laughin' in the end, so it's all good! :P
  • kms1811
    Options
    Ignore them, keep doing what you are doing! Be proud of what you have accomplished.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Love your reply!

Lets face it youtube is full of idiots. Who takes time out to look up a video of a band theyre not a fan of just to leave insults? IDIOTS thats who. I think my comment would have been "yes i'm fat but i'm dieting, now, what do you plan to do for your stupidity?"

Don't let em get you down, if they get kicks from trying to make you feel bad then they really have no sort of manner or life!
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    sorry, but...
    SCREW 'EM! what do they know anyway!
    Great job on the weight loss...keep it up :)
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    YouTube seems to be a breeding ground for hateful people. A woman posted a video about her baby who had been stillborn and she had to disable the comments facility as some AWFUL people had made disgusting comments about she was obviously to blame for the baby's death. It was sick-making.

You got off lightly!

Forget them. You're doing brilliantly. There will always be awful people. You need to rise above it x
  • marniehodges
    Options
    I hate that! Makes me angry too :angry: for you! Feels like vandalism to your soul :sad: . Ignore them. You are working hard to improve your health and life. That person probably just trolls websites looking to make people miserable. What comes around goes around. I believe in karma! Hang in there! You're doing a great job and congrats on your successes so far! :flowerforyou:
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    YouTube commenters are typically pretty vile individuals. People find it easy to say stupid stuff & hide behind the veil of the internet.

Take what that tool said with a grain of salt. He is probably hating on you because he has 11 fingers or has a tail or something and has been teased his whole life.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your kind words and encouragement! I'm feeling better right now and less angry :)

Yes, I should remember that the idiot who left that comment probably has no life and just wants to troll around YouTube And that he's a nameless/faceless jerk :)

@crazycat I laughed so hard at what your "comment" would have been :laugh:
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry, some people can be real jerks. keep your chin up and show him :-)
  • Toaster88
    Options
    I just saw you past your Valentine goal today. It's very tough to stay on schedule, two weeks ahead is phenomenal! That should put a smile on your face no one can wipe off!
  • mush1958
    mush1958 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You have to consider the source with people like that. I posted a memmorial slide show of my Nephew, Chris, that died at 36 and some jerk wrote a post that said, "I'm Chris and, I'm NOT dead". Can you imagne being SO insensative?
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine in high school had a t-shirt that said "I may be fat, but you're ugly, and I can go on a diet". Nobody messed with her!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Some people think the internet is an excuse to be horrible to others. Those people are typically unhappy with themselves in some way, but they don't have the guts to go out and make the changes they need to make to find happiness, so they get their jollies making other people feel bad. They get to have their "fun" without the unfortunate side effect of having to look the other person in the eye and see their pain.

Don't let it get to you. Just a random idiot. I'm sorry it happened to you though.