HELP! I need some good ideas for snacks.

Options
So in the middle of my work day I will start craving something sweet and of course I go for a mini candy bar or a cookie. Not a healthy snack :( So I am looking for any sweet healthy snacks to help my craving. Please share any ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    you definitely want to keep eating something healthy every 2-3 hours....if not, that is exactly what is meant to happen....YOU CRAVE!

Go for pieces of lean meat, nuts, veggies, throw a steamer bag of veggies in the mike (if you can) and cut up a few slices of leftover turkey in it----this could be 150 calories - and totally nutritious. I buy JenniO turkey roast tenderloin. 4 ounces of that baby is 100 calories, and 4 ounces is a lot once it is cooked and measured. You can make it once in the morning, and add 8 ounces to one bag of steamed veggies and then eat half and save the other half for mid day.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Vitatops - They are 100 calories and full of vitamins. Comes in bunches of flavors, including chocolate

Sugar Snap peas, dipped in ranch - cures my crunchy cravings
  • MarjieKesl
    Options
    Craisins! dried cranberries. They are delicious and very chewy. Very satisfying.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello. Add 1 tbsp no calorie sweetener when mixing up if you have a real sweet tooth. you can also add 2 tbsps Reddi wip 15 calorie real dairy cream whipping cream to it and it's 25 calories for 1/2 cup. There are many different flavors to choose from. They also have sugar free pudding too.
  • shilohcurt
    Options
    Pudding! it's only 80 calories and a great sorce of calcium!
  • Munki85
    Munki85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have to second the cranberries. Measure some out and mix them with whole natural almonds. Delicious!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Wash and slice an apple (jonathans are my fave) and eat it with one ounce of reduced-fat cream cheese. Around 120 calories, very filling, and satisfies your sweet tooth as well as your crunch craving. One of my favorites.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I eat Fiber One 90 cal bars, I love the chocolate peanut butter one.
  • MBSoles
    Options
    If you are looking for something sweet - I like the chocolate & oats fiber one bars. Quaker also makes 90 calorie granola bars which can be good. My grocery store also has 100 calorie packs for cookies - those always help with portion control. Also, I am a big fan of graham crackers, especially the cinnamon sugar.
  • sarabella970
    Options
    Carmel or chocolate rice cakes (my favorite), Sugar free Jello, popcorn, yogurt, apples, vita tops or a full bar.
  • karen4777
    Options
    I sometimes go for a small box of raisins. I eat them one at a time and drink a big glass of water with them.
  • janski2
    Options
    Try drizzling a fourth of a teaspoon of Hersey's chocolate syrup on the sugar-free jello and Reddi whip.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I think fresh fruit is even better than the dried stuff. My daily afternoon snack is a medium apple and cheese stick. It's sweet, filling, and has lots of nutrients and protein for less than 200 calories. You can mix it up with pears, berries, etc!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    This is also good and really filling.

Filling Chocolate Lovers Yogurt

Oikos - Organic Greek Yogurt - Plain 0% Fat, 0.5 Cup 65 5 0 12 5 0
    Mccormick's - Pure Vanilla Extract, 0.5 tsp 6 1 0 0 1 0
    Great Value - No Calorie Sweetener (Loose -- Not In Individual Packets), 6 tsp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Jillian Michaels - Natural Whey Protein Triple Chocolate Shake, 1 scoop 100 7 2 15 3 3
    Hershery - Unsweeten Cocoa Powder, 1 Tbsp 10 3 1 1 0 2

Add Ingredient all ingredients together with 1 to 2 ozs. of water. Yogurat should be the consistence of pudding.

Per Serving: 181 calories, 16 g carbs, 3 g fat, 28 g protein, 9 g sugar, 5 g fiber

This is one of my recipes.
  • 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Try Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Almonds-they're yummy and good for you in moderation (4 almonds are about 90 calories).
  • jrhm
    jrhm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There are so many: I keep a selection of the 100 calorie packs of cookies, crackers etc; also sugar free fudgsicles are only 40 cal; sugar free popsicles only 15 cal. Bananas - 100 cal. Grapes 5=17 cal; also all the other suggestions you have received here are great. My cravings go towards chocolate so...plain M&Ms are 4 cal each, I usually put out 5 and that cures the craving. I tend to make my snacks under 100 cal so I can have more at meal times.
  • aeshippen
    Options
    fiber one bars!!! if you want a more treat taste get the carmel or chocolate! yummm. and low in cals!
  • jelinskiang
    Options
    The FiberPlus Caramel Coconut Fudge bars are phenomenol! The first time I had one, I felt guilty... they taste just like the Carmel DeLite Girl Scout cookies.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you are craving chocolate, give in and have a small square of dark chocolate. A few bites of that always cures my chocolate craving! Plus, it's better for you than a handful of regular candy.
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    nutigrain bars