no protein the rest of the day?

Options
i have apparently reached my protein limit for the day and want to know how worried I should be about it.

if it is not a big deal since i plan to exercise alot again tonight then yippie i know just what i'll be having.

if it IS something that i need to pay close attention to then does anyone have suggestions for the rest of my meals today that wont include protein or wheat. (no wheat ever please)

thanks!
~Sara-jane

Replies

• rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    MFP actually has the protein set pretty low. It is a good thing if you eat more protein! I stay on a high protein diet thus changed the setting to reflect that. Never think protein (lean) is a bad thing!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    first of all how much protein do you consider your limit? and if you want muscle you need a little over 1gr per lb of your weight.:glasses:
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I always consider the number for protein to be a goal, not a limit. The opposite goes for fat and carbs.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP sets protein pretty low, 15% of total calories. A balance diet consists of protein ranging from 10% to 30%. So you can double MFP's protein limit and still have a balanced diet. You can go into your profile and change the % allocation to what works for you.
  • nikkimoon1382
    nikkimoon1382 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm always over...protein is great for your muscles and since youre working out everyday(ish) you need mor ethen they give you. as long as u stick to your calorie goal it doesnt really matter if you go over besides eating protein keeps you full longer then crappy carbs.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    MFP actually has the protein set pretty low. It is a good thing if you eat more protein! I stay on a high protein diet thus changed the setting to reflect that. Never think protein (lean) is a bad thing!

Not really set low. the RDA is 10-35% for protein
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have you heard you should eat the number of grams of protein as your ideal weight so I should eat 130 g a day. I try hard to get to 100g a day! As others said as long as you are not eating tons of high fat or processed stuff (bacon, ham etc) you are okay going over on protein!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    okay! thanks everyone for the input. such quick responses!
  • dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    PHEW! I was just coming here to ask if it matters if I go over Protien. lol. I have just planned my food for the day and am just over, after readjusting everything I can.

When you get calories for exersiceing does it also adjust your carbs, fat and protien?

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    PHEW! I was just coming here to ask if it matters if I go over Protien. lol. I have just planned my food for the day and am just over, after readjusting everything I can.

When you get calories for exersiceing does it also adjust your carbs, fat and protien?

Yes, the grams of each are based on a %, so if your calories go up all nutrients go up by the % allocated to them.
  • bigcoon103
    Options
    Agree with don't worry about the protein along as your within you calories, need it for muscles, etc. Doing fine girl,look great in your fotos.