Making my comeback!...but i need some help

Options
In October of last year i decided that enough was enough, and i needed to make a change in lifestyle. I had hit over 200 pounds for the first time in my life, and i was scared to death of gaining even more. So at the end of October when i hit my highest point, 227 pounds, i joined a gym and started trying to make better food choices. I lost about 30 pounds doing that. Then i found MFP, and i loved it. I lost another 18 here. But this last month just kicked my butt, I could not stop binge eating and then watching movies with my free time. I finally made myself go back to the gym at the beginning of this week and i realized that i gained 2 pounds! That made me realize that by doing what i was doing, i was throwing away all of my hard work. But no more! I am going to start logging in my foods, and reading the posts that people put up in here. They really do help me. I still have a ways to go to make my goal, but I can taste victory( and it is zero calories!). I have my second wind, and its good to be back! (Also, how do you get those cool little banners that say how much you have lost, or how far you have to go? I guess i have been gone too long and have missed out on the cool new technology)
-Heidi

Replies

• fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    In October of last year i decided that enough was enough, and i needed to make a change in lifestyle. I had hit over 200 pounds for the first time in my life, and i was scared to death of gaining even more. So at the end of October when i hit my highest point, 227 pounds, i joined a gym and started trying to make better food choices. I lost about 30 pounds doing that. Then i found MFP, and i loved it. I lost another 18 here. But this last month just kicked my butt, I could not stop binge eating and then watching movies with my free time. I finally made myself go back to the gym at the beginning of this week and i realized that i gained 2 pounds! That made me realize that by doing what i was doing, i was throwing away all of my hard work. But no more! I am going to start logging in my foods, and reading the posts that people put up in here. They really do help me. I still have a ways to go to make my goal, but I can taste victory( and it is zero calories!). I have my second wind, and its good to be back! (Also, how do you get those cool little banners that say how much you have lost, or how far you have to go? I guess i have been gone too long and have missed out on the cool new technology)
    -Heidi
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Good job on making that decision!! Don't give up. There are a lot of great people on here and they are great for answering questions and support! And well lately it's even more that that. It's like a family here. People actually care about other people and its always positive feed back...Yes, that's right! Always. CRAZY, HUH? :wink: Great job, by the way, on the loss you have made. Don't let your little fall back upset you too much. Just use that as motivation....:smile:

Oh and for the thing you're talking about at the bottom....Go to tools, select tickers and it will walk you through the steps to select your own ticker. And to put it on as your signature, welll ummmm let me look I'll be back...LOL
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
    The banners are under Tools.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    OK :laugh: .....Go to My Home the Settings and then select change forum signature and paste the code in as your signature....the code you get after u set up your ticker on the tools thing. :noway: Did that make sense??? :laugh:
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    I still have a ways to go to make my goal, but I can taste victory( and it is zero calories!). I have my second wind, and its good to be back!
    laughing024.gif

Heidi-welcome back! I'm in a similar boat as you-back after a couple months of slacking bit time! We are all here to support you. hug007.gif You've made the biggest step by climbing back on the wagon-good for you! You have the perfect attitude for success and I have no doubt that you will succeed!

Oh, and the banners...I'm still trying to figure that out too. So many changes since the last time I was on! :laugh:
  • fitladyfawkes
    Options
    OK :laugh: .....Go to My Home the Settings and then select change forum signature and paste the code in as your signature....the code you get after u set up your ticker on the tools thing. :noway: Did that make sense??? :laugh:

Yeah it did! You are awesome, thank you so much for your awesome comments! I am so grateful for this website, it is going to be my motivation and support. And i feel proud to join the family again!
  • fitladyfawkes
    Options
    I still have a ways to go to make my goal, but I can taste victory( and it is zero calories!). I have my second wind, and its good to be back!
    laughing024.gif

Heidi-welcome back! I'm in a similar boat as you-back after a couple months of slacking bit time! We are all here to support you. hug007.gif You've made the biggest step by climbing back on the wagon-good for you! You have the perfect attitude for success and I have no doubt that you will succeed!

Oh, and the banners...I'm still trying to figure that out too. So many changes since the last time I was on! :laugh:

Haha hey thanks! Lets just do this together then, shall we? Oh and i figured out the banner thing, just look at the posts before yours, it is really simple.
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Heidi (love that German name :smile: )

if you would make a decision and then go straight through with it for month with no set back you'd probably not be human. You have already proven to yourself that you can do it. I'd be very happy if I could say I lost 48 pounds.
    So no matter where you are now in terms of weight, just pick up where you left, learn from mistakes and keep going.
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    Hey darling! I know you can do this! I'm proud of how far you've come. You really are a completely different person (inside and out!) Keep up your positive attitude (and let me know if you need anymore trips up the canyon :wink: ) Love you tons!:tongue:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    welcome back, we all have slip ups.
    Weekends are especially hectic for a lot of us.
    Nobody's perfect, but we give it our all.
    I wish I could say I lost 48 so far as well.
    Keep it up.
  • fitladyfawkes
    Options
    You all are so awesome, thank you so much for your support and advice, it helps me so much!!!!
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    Heidi-welcome back! I'm in a similar boat as you-back after a couple months of slacking big time! We are all here to support you. hug007.gif

Haha hey thanks! Lets just do this together then, shall we? Oh and i figured out the banner thing, just look at the posts before yours, it is really simple.

I'm in it with you Heidi! Oh, and I read the banner instructions that were posted...got it!