My fellow coffee lovers....Creamers

Options
Guys/Gals-

One thing I have struggled with on my journey is my love for coffee....or specifically, the creamer....yes, I still can't stop using the basic, NJOY creamer...comes out to minute caloric effects....problem is, it's not what I was used to way back when.

I stove off the REALLY bad creamers...I'm talking about the International Delights liquid flavored creamers (Irish Creme, Vanilla, Chocolate, whatever). Haven't had any of those in over 9 months.

I don't miss the ridiculous sugar that those came with, but I do miss the taste....any ideas on adding a bit of the flavors without using something so saturated in sugar?

Replies

• think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    No clue, but I'm tagging to hear ideas!
    Options
    Try Torini Sugar Free syrups in any flavor that is to your liking. I especially like the Caramel.
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same situation.... anxious to hear ideas :)
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    splenda has sugar with vanilla flavoring in it! or you can also buy sugar free syrups like starbucks uses!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Because I'm so used to basic coffee (regular creamer and splenda) I can't really give you advice on the "fancy" stuff. LOL I do add a little cinnamon if I want a different flavor once in awhile.
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    My friend recommended to me that I put in a Swiss Miss no added sugar hot cocoa packet. At only 60 calories to black coffee which already has almost no calories...you don't even need a sweetner. It is perfect. I tried it this AM and LOVE it! Plus you get your chocolate fix.
  • emcohen
    Options
    Can I recommend something as a complete alternate? I don't know what coffee you drink, but maybe try buying really good coffee? I'm amazed at the difference between generic (or DD or Starbucks) and a really good cup. I typically spend around $9-$11 per pound. I know that's a bit more expensive but, depending on type, I feel I don't even need to add sugar.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    sugar free is half the calories. and its per tablespoon. i usually dont use a whole table spool so you dont even have the cals it says.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Most brands now have the same flavors in Sugar Free and they aren't bad.
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    I really like the silk soy creamer and at whole foods you can find something called coconut milk creamer. There is less than 1 gram I think. And I dont buy the flavored, just the plain. Cant live without my coffee in the morning.
  • eandrus
    eandrus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There are some sugar-free flavored syrups (Torani is one brand), which are used in coffehouses. Just add some milk. I recently discovered the mini-tubs of creamer I like are 30 calories each. Ugh.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'll second the Torini Sugar-Free syrups. I like the vanilla one. :wink:
    Options
    The Torini would be for flavor only. You could then also use fat free half & half or fat free evaporated milk.
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    The torini sugar free flavors plus I add a spoonful of Cool whip free to give it more of that "creamy" feel.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I would suggest trying vanilla flavored unsweetened almond milk!

It has a nutty-vanilla flavor. If you like it, it can trick you into thinking that you're using some fancy creamer. I spike my chai tea with it sometimes, and it is pretty amazingly good.
  • NykoleMazzola
    Options
    yes! torani makes some great sugar free flavors! yum! :)
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I use Silk Coconut Milk Vanilla flavor in my coffee. You don't need much to get the flavor. I believe I use about 1/8 cup which comes out to 11 calories, 1 Carb, 1 Fat, 4 Sodium.
  • prencesskl
    Options
    I just bought folgers vanilla biscotti coffee, and a few other ones. I have the keurig pot, so I switch it up everyday. They make up for the creamer!
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the suggestions guys :) I forgot to mention that I've tried the sugar-free versions of the Coffeemates/International Delights, and they tasted fairly rancid lol Of course, I didn't try them all....I definitely will try the Torini though, never heard of that one!
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think someone else above suggested the same thing- Do you think if it is really god coffee you may not need anything extra?

I recently had a medium roast coffee from Papa New Guinea at a local coffee that was French pressed and simply rich and delicious all on its own.