Just started

Options
jilybean
jilybean Posts: 14 Member
I've been working out for a few months, but not seeing much results. I know that I eat too much and hope this will help me see all the extra food I eat without even thinking about it.

Any advise on how to avoid the junk food? I have a husband who must have the worlds best metabolism because he can eat cookies, ice cream, candy bars, chips....(the list goes on and on) and at time lose weight doing it...UGH how irritating. Anyway I would love to just not buy or bake that stuff, but I don't think it's fair to him. So what's the advice for letting him eat it, but not fall into the trap myself?

Thanks

Replies

• jilybean
    jilybean Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been working out for a few months, but not seeing much results. I know that I eat too much and hope this will help me see all the extra food I eat without even thinking about it.

Any advise on how to avoid the junk food? I have a husband who must have the worlds best metabolism because he can eat cookies, ice cream, candy bars, chips....(the list goes on and on) and at time lose weight doing it...UGH how irritating. Anyway I would love to just not buy or bake that stuff, but I don't think it's fair to him. So what's the advice for letting him eat it, but not fall into the trap myself?

Thanks
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That is a question for the ages!

For me, I have to be super-focused and motivated or just not have it around.

Maybe he could hide it from you? I don't know...
  • mandyjo
    mandyjo Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello.. Im new here also.. You say its not fair for him .. but to me its not fair for you.. My whole family has to change how we eat... Yes Kids Do To.... I buy fruit instead of cookies . and pretzels or baked chips instead up dorritos. I also keep cans of almounds around so if I get a little hungry I grab a few. I still get some of the junk the kids like but all in all it is a FAMILY effort.. Best of luck to you.. Mandy
  • jillholleysmith
    jillholleysmith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The only option for me is just not buy it. It's better not to have it around anyway, especially if you have kids. And your husbands metabolism will not always be as it is now. It will slow down someday. If you both eat healthy now, he won't have to fight it when his slows. Also, be sure to talk to him about it. Tell him you are committed to eating right, exercising; just living healthy and you want him to support you. If he needs a snack, he can always get one during work or sometime when you aren't around. You've got to have support at home or your weight loss will only be temporary.