P90X and other versions

pgp_protector
pgp_protector Posts: 207
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been reading / seeing lots of post & vids about the P90 series of tapes, and such, and from my understanding they come with a full diet / nutrition plan.

How important is following the nutrition plan vs the exercises ?

I don't do the cooking (unless you count nuking my food cooking) and the wife loves to cook but not the healthiest food. So I don't think I'll have the ability / time to fully follow the nutrition portion of the plan. I have cut way back on the junk food (Food Diary is Open) but still need to work on the sodium, but it's a major improvement from what I used to eat.

Is anyone doing the Videos Only without the nutrition plan? if so how is that working out, are you still seeing results ?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    losing weight is 80% nutrition, 10% exercise and 10% genetics.
    Tosca Reno

So, you can get in better shape (faster, stronger, etc) doing the video only but weight loss and health come primarily from nutrition
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I'm doing Power 90 and follow my own nutrition plan (I eat Primal). I do use Shakeology though. I definitely have experienced great benefits from Power 90. Any consistent exercise can provide that though - in partnership with good nutrition.

I hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    You do not have to follow their meal plan perfectly, just eat healthy and lean. And stay under your calorie count.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    You do not have to follow their meal plan perfectly, just eat healthy and lean. And stay under your calorie count.

agreed im doing it but dont follow their plan. i try to eat healthy and stay under goal my progress is on my ticker
This discussion has been closed.