Alabama Buddies!

Options
If you live in Alabama, or anywhere in the south for that matter, I'm sure you will agree with me when I say that its hard giving up all this good southern cooking! I was born and raised here in northern Alabama, and I'm looking for some new friends. :)

Replies

• Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    what part of northern alabama? i live in huntsville.
  • jmcdougle
    Options
    Girl I know!

I live in Muscle Shoals, Al so I understand!!
  • mr_ashley
    Options
    Hello from another Alabamian! I'm in the Birmingham metro area, but graduated from Muscle Shoals High School a long time ago! Jmcdougle, we probably know each other or know people in common!!
  • ladysadie08
    Options
    I live in Oneonta, about an hour and a half south of Huntsville.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    in bham too. gotta take it a day at a time.
    ashley youmight know a friend of mine who graduated from muscle shoals
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I am from Mobile, but am in Baton Rouge now.

Southern food I love....cajun, not so much! I don't eat pork, or crawfish, or catfish, or...the list is endless :blushing: But, I have never met a veggie that I didn't like!
  • sweetfeet320
    sweetfeet320 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm from Birmingham, and I know exactly what you are talking about. We have a family Sunday dinner every week, talk about being tempted!
  • ladysadie08
    Options
    sweetfeet320: ours is on Thursday nights! Although my worst temptations usually occurs on Saturday nights when my boyfriend and I have our date night... I usually cheat and have something naughty :blushing:
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I live in Hoover, and even with MFP I don't see myself giving up Southern food for a lifetime! :bigsmile:
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I live in Huntsville. I try to keep the eating of Southern cooking to my cheat day on Tuesdays!

God Bless!

Shawn
  • mr_ashley
    Options
    Mr. Marius, if you're friend graduated more than 10 years ago, but less than 20 years ago, I probably do know them. it's not a big city, but big enough so you can avoid all the people you want to steer clear of. :D I haven't lived there since 1995, when I moved to T-Town to attend the greatest University in THIS state.