TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Vitamins always made me sick as well. I tried several kinds and could not stomach anything no matter whether I ate or not. Someone suggested chewables, so I started on those (eating before i took them too), and that worked, but I couldn't handle the taste after a little while so that started to make me feel nausous. I ended up going with the vitafusion gummies and I definitely suggest those for anyone who has a problem with nausea. They work very well and they have a variety of kinds-from multi vitamins to B12, D, etc. I now am able to take one a day womens after eating a meal, which I couldn't before so I think the gummy vitamins helped to build a tolerance level? I still take the B12 gummies though because they help tremendously with my energy level. The gummies taste so good that my friends want to eat them when they come over haha, but they can only have a couple without taking too many - that was the hardest part for me, only eating 2! Definitely try it out, they cost about the same as other multi vitamins too and I can pretty much guarantee you won't have any nausea problems from them!
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    I have to take ones with out iron, then make sure my diet is rich in iron.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    When I was on a full vegan lifestyle I had to take a multi plus a B-12 and an additional iron supplement. I currently take Raw One for women by Vitamin Code. They're vegan and have never upset my stomach. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. The only ones that I found that don't make me sick are prenatal vitamins and gummies.

Right now I take gummies 2 x Multi, 2 x Omega 3 and 2 x Vitamin C every day.... I think they are Vitafusion brand.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    That's all I seem to hear these days: You'd better be taking a daily vitamin if you're planning on eating healthier and losing weight! The thing is, I've tried a variety of daily vitamins throughout the years, but every single one made me feel very nauseous. No matter if I took it in the morning, before I ate, later in the day, after I ate, whether I have it with a beverage or no beverage - I cannot keep from getting nauseous! I want to take my vitamins, but I don't want to always run to the bathroom shortly afterward with my hand over my mouth! Number one, does anyone else have this problem, and if so, what have you found that keeps you from feeling nauseous? And number two, what is your opinion of a good daily vitamin?

I think it's kind of ironic that people think that you have to take vitamins when you begin on a healthier lifestyle. I mean, wouldn't it have been more productive to take them when you are eating nutrition-less food? Anyway.... I actually just had a conversation about vitamins with my doctor this afternoon. We were talking about how people want B12 shots to lose weight. She checks their levels and tells them they have no need but still they insist. My endocrinologist said he gets the same demands whether they are deficien't or not. It kind of gets funny after a while they say. But I'm rambling, thats not what you were asking.......

I used to get sick on them too. I did a couple things:

A) I started taking them at night after dinner with alot of water. I have read some research, (Sorry don't have any links to add) that suggests that vitamins are better absorbed by the body while you sleep since that is the body's natural healing time. Plus, my tummy isn't raw and empty like it is in the morning. Never mattered if I ate breakfast or not. My tummy just didn't like it.

B) I take Vitamin Code vitamins. (Just D3 because its all I need) They are raw and vegan. (Well they make a few different types of vitamins, mine are raw and vegan) The absence of all the extra stuff in other vitamins seems to make a world of difference. I think alot of times it is the cheap fillers and additives they put in them that cause the problems.

C) My doctor checks my blood often. If I am low, I supplement. If not I leave it alone. Saves a ton of money by preventing me from taking expensive vitamins that I just pee out anyway.