replacing calories

raquelrn2002
raquelrn2002 Posts: 1
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have recently lost about 25 pounds with diet and exercise. I joined my fitness plan to keep track of my calories and lose an additional 15 pounds. My daily calorie intake is 1200. I also incorporate daily exercise. I am confused as to whether or not i need to replace these calories that i burn during a workout. Am I to replace these calories? and if not will my body shut down because im not getting enough calories? What to do, please help?

Replies

• chefdan
    chefdan Posts: 53 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

that's a good post about eating back the exercise calories...helped me understand the issue. Welcome and best of luck!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Hello! First congrats on your weight loss!! I used this site to figure my calories...now i am maintaining more then anything...but i used it to figure my cals., which were around 1550, then tried to stick close to that. If i work out hard and i have say 500 extra from exercise, i eat maybe 200 of those, sometimes not however. Never never go below 1200 your body will start hanging on to everything you eat! I have been successful doing that. I also know you can multiply your weight by 13(if your moderately active, 15 if very active) to get your recomended calorie intake. If your hungry though, your body is telling you something so eat the exercise cals. that day, and when your not hungry don't. Good Luck!!!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    You should eat them back to around your 1200 calories per day net. You really should not be surviving on much less than 1200 calories/day.

I have my limit set to 1300 per day and I try to not have more than 200 calories left over in a day after exercise is added.
This discussion has been closed.