Fried vs baked calories

Options
Hey all! So I'm trying to figure out how to put in fried chicken vs baked chicken. For the chicken itself i plan on putting in the ingredients but I don't know how to account for it being fried... any ideas?

Replies

• gjohns13
    gjohns13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've thought about this too (being from the south I eat too much fried food). I was thinking weight the oil before hand and after to see how much the chicken and flour adsorbed. Or maybe weigh the prepared chicken before hand and after. Any difference would be oil. Of course this assumes no flour fell off into the oil (which is obviously impossible).
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I just wouldn't do the fried chicken. Each tablespoon of oil has 120 calories. I haven't eaten fried food in a long time and I don't miss it!
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    just look for fried chicken in the database and I'm sure it will at least be close to what your having
  • prencesskl
    Options
    I don't usually eat fried food, but b/f is from the south food style and loves everything fried so once and awhile I make him a treat, and I don't do 2 meals lol
  • pgp_protector
    Options
    Wife loves fried food, she's having a harder time with my diet then I am :laugh: