GLUTEN FREE

Options
Hey everyone, I am knew to this site. I am ready to diet, however it is going to be a bit difficult because I have to be on a gluten, egg, milk and peanut free diet. Does any one have some good suggestions for some good healthy meals? Or good snack ideas? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sstoutccn
    Options
    There are lots of options out there!! Stick to rice cakes with hummus and fresh veggies, fresh fruit, and I love the coconut milk products by Turtle Mountain, including yogurt, milk and ice cream that are all allergy free. For egg substitute, Ener-G brand makes a good one, or just use 1 Tbsp flaxseed stirred into 3 Tbsp water for a gelly texture. Mashed banana or pureed tofu works well as an egg substitute too.

There are a few good products that are gluten free- Food for Life Brown Rice Tortillas, plain corn tortillas and rice crackers are a great go-to.... If nothing else, tree nuts or seeds are a great snack option, in fact Maranantha makes sunflower seed butter....

Good luck!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love apples and nut butter (not a fan of almonds in butter form though), smoothies made with frozen fruit and soymilk or rice milk (soymilk is thicker than rice so if you use rice you might want to add more fruits), POPCORN lol I'm addicted to that. I also make a trail mix of almonds and raisins. If you do like almonds soaking them in cold water for a couple hours makes them plumper and not like styrofoam. I'm a celiac so I can't have gluten and I avoid dairy as much as possible
  • lisabernard
    lisabernard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has some great gluten free options! They even have a small section in our Wal Mart of gluten free stuff. I bet there are alot of Gluten Free recipes online. Check out www.sparkrecipes.com

- Lisa