Hobbies Outside of My Fitness Pal?

Options
Hey everyone... So what are everyone's favorite things to do outside of dieting and excercising or even if they are physical activities...

I enjoy playing poker!! :) We have a local poker club here in Atlanta and I love it, I learned how to play Texas Holdem through this club, and when I am not working out or at work or on line filling out myfitness or on my facebook, I am playing a tourn. at one of the venues, or online poker.

I have even played in a few live tourneys and cash games. My boyfriend and I enjoy it a lot and it's something we can do together.

Would love to hear everyone else's fav. hobby or sport or avtivity etc..

Replies

• Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    I like to read, and crochet! I'm teaching myself how to make hats. I also enjoy taking my kids to the park (but since the weather is crappy that doesn't happen often) ... I'm really just a homebody tho, just being home makes me happy
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    There's a life outside of MyFtinessPal? Can somebody tell me what those are like?
  • ajl2
    ajl2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Outside of MFP, my favorite hobby is making items to sell in my shop at etsy.com.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Corvettes, woodworking and racquetball.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    motorcycles... riding them and tinkering with them
    camping
    brewing beer... but i've been slacking and haven't made a batch in well over a year now. maybe for the best while i'm trying to get fit
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    I just got into country dancing, and I am forcing everyone to practice with me.
    I love taking the kids to the park here, they feed the ducks and geese.
    Reading is a favorite pass time, I am addicted to playing scrabble on pogo.
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    photography, baking, scrapbooking, and fishing.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Horse racing (not that my profile picture would give that away :laugh: ).

I co-own two race horses with a friend of mine. And no I'm not a jockey (even after losing the weight that I have I would be arrested for cruelty to animals if I sat up on a poor horse :laugh: :laugh: )
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Knitting, beading, reading....
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    crocheting and playing games on Facebook:bigsmile:
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Outside of MFP, my favorite hobby is making items to sell in my shop at etsy.com.

I have an etsy shop too
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Reading, cross-stitch, baking, tennis, hiking.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Reading, baking, hiking, having movie marathons, playing board games with my daughter, playing with my puppies.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I like to go swing dancing with my hubby. I do pin up photography. I love all things retro including cars.

With the family I just really like getting out there and exposing them to knew things like hiking, sledding, museums and the such. I just like being out!
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    keeping up with the men in my life keeps me pretty busy... but i enjoy watching them play baseball and reading...
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am the typical granney I knit ,crochet ,sew [clothes and toys] to give to the schools and family. I bake ,I care for my grands whenever I'm needed. I like to do plastic canvis, Paint and any number of other crafts. I Help my mom 2 -4 days a week. I love to play Farm Town on Face book. Reading is great too . :happy: In the summer I help in the garden and I can what we grow .
  • ajl2
    ajl2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I have an etsy shop too

I love etsy! For me, it gives me purpose outside of being a wife and mother. Plus, I get to use my earnings as "mad money" :happy:
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am a prolific reader.

I always have a book. Mostly its history, sociology, Bible and study guides, technical reading or news and news features. I also like to travel and see the cultural sites and natural phenomena.

My perfect vacation would involve a cruise ship and a stack of books.

My other favorite hobby is my grandson. Yep, that's his pic!
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am a singer/songwriter in 2 bands. A pop/cabaret band, and an alternative rock band.:smile:

ETA: I also enjoy historical fiction :)
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Love to play cards, almost anything but love Spades. and love to travel.