New to MFP

Options
Hi there, I'm Shelly and I'm new to MFP. A lot of my friends are using this program. I'd been using Lose It on my iPhone but I like that I can post progress updates to my Facebook profile via MFP. I think its a good way to stay accountable.

Replies

• goodforeyou
    goodforeyou Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have mentioned, I lost about 22 lbs last spring using that other app and getting into the gym and following a paleo type diet. I think about half of that has creeped back up so I'm back to paleo and trying to get in more gym time. It is challenging having a 2 year old that goes to work with me and a commute and a household to maintain but it's important to me to get my weight into a healthier range. I am looking to lose about 38 lbs. The sooner the better but I realize it's a marathon, not a sprint.

My husband and I have been doing The Biggest Loser weight loss yoga dvd 5 nights a week, I also try to get into the gym for cardio 3 times a week at a minimum. I try to mix in kettle bell workouts too. Those are fantastic!
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also new! I have a 2 year old & a 4 year old. It can definitely be hard to fit in a workout! Sounds like you have a good plan though!