My first success--NSV

Options
Hi there,

well, I haven't ever posted on the success stories before, because well, I never really felt that I had a success. But today I had a few and I wanted to share.

1.) I've been afraid of eating too many calories for so long. I KNEW that it wasn't dangerous to eat more (healthy choices of course) and that I probably needed to, but I've had this fear for so long of eating too much, that it's just easier to eat less. So, the success was that today I had a much heavier lunch than usual, but WITHOUT guilt! AND--I felt SO much better afterwards. I actually feel full and satisfied. I've been in a plateau for a couple of months and decided to up my base caloric intake to 1500 before exercise. This still scares me, but seeing how I felt after lunch, I think it just may be the trick to get my body out of that sluggish hump.

2.) I put the scale away. Normally, I weigh myself several times in the day--so terrified of seeing that number. But I haven't weighed myself in a couple of days now, and today I put it away. Determined to only check once a week.

3.) Last but not least--my husband has been out of the country unexpectedly for the last 3 months--unknown when he'll return (long story short--had the wrong visa, was denied entry, and put on a plane back immediately). I've been left with my 2 little girls (2 and 1) and yet STILL, I manage to workout at least once, if not twice a day!!

Even though I've still been in this plateau, today I finally felt proud of myself for sticking to it, and accomplishing what sometimes seems impossible. maybe not seeing the numbers go down, but consistency is an accomplishment in itself right?

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Brenda! I'm sure you're on the right track! :flowerforyou:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Very good. I'm happy that you've been making some strides. I'm sorry to hear about your hubby. That's sad. I had to up my calories as well.

Stick with it girlie. :)
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are amazin, especially with all the stress of having your husband out of the country. I hope his issues get worked out so he can come home to you and your children!!! I hope you skype or something so the kids can "see" their dad!! Keep up with the positive attitude!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!