Any military out there trying to get back to boot camp body?

Options
Curves73
Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
Hi all,
I was in the military and got out in 1997 medical discharge. I am 1/2 way back to my fighting weight, wondering if anyone out there has the same goal- how are you doing it?

Replies

• ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Yup! Former Marine here! Fighting desperately to get my body back!

Basically just doing it right this time - eating right and exercise (combination of cardio and weight training)

Hope you meet your goals!
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh! Mememe! I served in Afghanistan from May '04- May '05. I used to ace my PT tests. I was in phenomenal shape (always overweight by Army standards, though) and I felt GREAT. Now I would be thrilled to get into the shape I was in back then... I am going to friend request you... :flowerforyou:
  • mkw122680
    Options
    Yep! Former Air Force here. Trying to get back to my Drill Instructor weight...and then a little less!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.

I spent 6 years in the Army Reserves (do they count :laugh: ) before joining the Police. I'm trying to get back to the weight I was back in 1996-1998 when I was in the Police Training College.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Front and center, maam! See my profile - retired 5 years ago, and not only lost the weight I'd put on since then (yuk), but kept going and ended up thinner than I was in high school. Still can't do push-ups worth a damn, though! :laugh: I just keep trying! I do run a little faster, so I guess that evens it out.

Lisa - US Air Force
    Cold War
    Operation Southern Watch
    Operation Desert Fox
    SWA 1994-2002
    Combat Search and Rescue Aircrew
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Front and center, maam! See my profile - retired 5 years ago, and not only lost the weight I'd put on since then (yuk), but kept going and ended up thinner than I was in high school. Still can't do push-ups worth a damn, though! :laugh: I just keep trying! I do run a little faster, so I guess that evens it out.
    That is awesome, how did you do it?
    Lisa - US Air Force
    Cold War
    Operation Southern Watch
    Operation Desert Fox
    SWA 1994-2002
    Combat Search and Rescue Aircrew