How many Calories are burned in Physical Therapy ?

Options
Hello everyone! I just recently had back surgery ( Dec 30th) and I am now doing physical therapy. I know this is a hard question to answer because it all depends on what you do.
All I have is a paper with pics on it that tells me what to do. My routine consists of different leg movements and band exercise's with my arms, and tightening my core. I can really feel the burn after i am done. I was just wondering if there is a way to estimate calories burned just based on how long I do them. So any info will help. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Fenyx
    Fenyx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I need some insight on that as well. I'm doing pt for my back to recover from a car accident so knowing what it contributes would be excellent in helping with calorie count! =D
  • dodoyankees7332
    Options
    I would just put it under strength Training in Cardio. For me, 6'0" 215, that's about 284 calories.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I've been wondering about it lately. so bump.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    You may want to use a Heart rate monitor with a calorie counter. You enter your height, weight, age and gender. Push start button when you start your PT, some devices have a hold button when you are between sets. At the end of the PT session, you push Stop and the device will give you the calories and some other useful information.

You also have to enter your Maximum Heart Rate. This depends on your age and gender. There are some easy formulas in the Internet.

Good luck in your recovery
  • ypoitevien
    ypoitevien Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I log it as Pilates but i go low on the time (20 minutes) since PT is a lot of stop and start for me