Diet soda...friend or foe?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Natvee
    Natvee Posts: 65
    Options
    So here I am to update...
    Can you guess? No movement. I guess drinking (or not drinking) doesn't play with your weight loss over a short period of time. I'm not going back to it though. It IS very unhealthy, and I don't want all of those chemicals dancing around in me.

Now all diet soda talk aside for a moment...I'm kinda p o'd that I'm not seeing any changes for...what...a week now. Gosh this is week 3. Isn't the weight supposed to be falling off?
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'd go with foe - in some of my chemistry classes we've discussed the natural pH of blood ~7.4 and various things we consume that don't agree with it. Coke was one of the offenders, at a pH ~2.7. That's like drinking the same amount of vinegar or lemon juice! If you need something fizzy, I'd recommend plain carbonated water and cut it with fruit juice. I find a lot of bottled juice to be too sweet, so when I mix it with carbonated water, it tastes way better imo :)

as I had stated above you could just carbonate the fruit juice. put a little yeast in the bottle and let it sit out for a day or so then put it in the fridge.

also a good suggestion :) I personally just mix it to cut down on the sweetness, without the wait.