I am suppose to lose 2 lbs a week.....But why is it showing?

Options
auntkaren
auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
I have right from the beginning set at losing 2 lbs a week, and for two or three weeks been at a stand still. I entered to see if everyday is like today you will lose......it came to 5.5 lbs in 5 weeks which in my math comes to 1 lb a week. So how did this get changed? And how do I get back to the calories, ect for losing 2 lbs a week like I was? And I have been at the set calories sometimes a 100 calories less. Haven't been able to go for my walks due to lousy weather. But I do house work, been painting my bedroom...so it's not like I'm not doing anything at all.......:grumble: What do I do MFPal's? Darn It's lightening again, got to get off for a few minutes:explode:

Replies

• auntkaren
    Options
    I have right from the beginning set at losing 2 lbs a week, and for two or three weeks been at a stand still. I entered to see if everyday is like today you will lose......it came to 5.5 lbs in 5 weeks which in my math comes to 1 lb a week. So how did this get changed? And how do I get back to the calories, ect for losing 2 lbs a week like I was? And I have been at the set calories sometimes a 100 calories less. Haven't been able to go for my walks due to lousy weather. But I do house work, been painting my bedroom...so it's not like I'm not doing anything at all.......:grumble: What do I do MFPal's? Darn It's lightening again, got to get off for a few minutes:explode:
  • auntkaren
    Options
    I figured I would have to eat 600 calories less then I am now in order to lose the 2 lbs a week.:frown:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    What numbers did the site give you? Are your settings set to 2 pounds a week?
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You need to go to my home, then click on the goal tab and go to change goals. I went to the library to get me some work out DVD's ( I think fit after 50 is the title) and I'm still working out with Richard Simmons. Maybe you have to mix it up a bit? I also read a thread about calorie shifting where you'll eat 1200 one day (plus exercise cals) and the next you'll eat 1400 and then 1200 again and then maybe 1600 just to keep your metabolism guessing. I'm kind of in a slump too , I'm not loosing weight but I can feel I'm building muscle.... I hope that helps a little....:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    Options
    What numbers did the site give you? Are your settings set to 2 pounds a week?
    1200 calories , 30 min exercise three times a week 300 calories, which I haven't been able to do lately..... is that what you wanted to know?
  • auntkaren
    Options
    You need to go to my home, then click on the goal tab and go to change goals. I went to the library to get me some work out DVD's ( I think fit after 50 is the title) and I'm still working out with Richard Simmons. Maybe you have to mix it up a bit? I also read a thread about calorie shifting where you'll eat 1200 one day (plus exercise cals) and the next you'll eat 1400 and then 1200 again and then maybe 1600 just to keep your metabolism guessing. I'm kind of in a slump too , I'm not loosing weight but I can feel I'm building muscle.... I hope that helps a little....:flowerforyou:
    Do you see a difference by doing it this way, or have you just started on the calorie changing?
    I just wish this rain would go away so I can get back to walking , but I will check on that DVD, Thanks.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I hope your not going to go below 1200. That would be too low!! But I would try the zig zagging calorie thing that works. Maybe try a work-out video since you can't workout outside. Maybe change up your food. I'm mo expert but trying to help:tongue:
    I bet songbird can tell you.... Hey songbird Aunt Karen needs help... Helppp:laugh:

-Adrienne