5K Time

Options
2»

Replies

• the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Warrior Dash here in VA in October. I'm excited about it. I haven't run an obstacle course since Basic. And it's a bonus that I get a Warrior Hat and a Beer Mug
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!! I hope to be where you are someday :) I'm currently on Week 5 of the C25K program.
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep at it. When I took my first PT test at basic I had never run more than a mile. I did 2 miles in about 21 minutes. 3 months later I did the same 2 miles in 14:45. Now, I was forced to work at it, but I've found that keeping it up and not allowing my excuses (and I have some good ones) to fly has helped. I ran the first 5K (distance, not race) of my life last summer. I think it took about 36 minutes. Yesterday I finished 5K in 29:40. You'll get there soon enough, and will be amazed at how far you've come.

And for those curious about the Warrior Dash:
    http://www.warriordash.com/

Hell Yeah!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!