Do you weigh your food??

Options
2»

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh absolutely everything, but I tend to weigh calorie dense foods where it matters more...

Stuff like pasta, rice, muesli, baked potatos etc I would weigh because a small weight difference can make a big difference in terms of calories.

But I don't go as far as measuring the circumference of my apples or the length and girth of my bananas. :laugh:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I weigh most things. It's so much easier to be precise that trying to use cups, measuring spoons, etc. I weighed both the total amount of rice and the total amount of water needed for my rice cooker--just one example. Now it takes almost no time to set it up, fill it up, and get cooking.

When making sandwiches, I just put the lower half of the Arnold's on the scale, hit "tare", throw on the meat or almond butter, hit tare, throw a piece of turkey to the dog, put on the cheese--presto, exactly 250 calories ready to go. Salad dressings--no guessing, right to the gram.

Next to my all-clad and my knives, the scale is the most important tool in my kitchen.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

But I don't go as far as measuring the circumference of my apples or the length and girth of my bananas. :laugh:

So many possible responses........so little time...:wink:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

So many possible responses........so little time...:wink:

"Size matters" etc. :wink:
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    Yes, I weigh and/or measure my food right now. It's a PITA, but it's helping me relearn portion sizes. And I'm also starting to learn how to use my hands to measure those same portion sizes so I don't have to measure forever, plus I'll have the tools I need with me wherever I go...
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Always!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I weigh just about everything.

I find weighing to be much more convenient than measuring, as well as more accurate.

Next to my HRM, my digital kitchen scale was probably the best fitness related purchase I've made so far.