Can't afford a gym membership

My cousin didn't think she could afford to join a gym. She needs to lose 125 pounds, and she had the treadmill at home. She couldn't get motivated. I was the same until I joined the Gym. She was bord doing the same thing. She said she couldn't afford to pay for a membership. We sat down and did her budget. She was spending more than $18 a week at startbucks, and went to lunch 3-4 times a week at $12+ each time she went. That is more than $100 a month. That is not including going to dinner.
We found a gym that is month to month at $19 a month.
She joined and has lost 20 pounds so far. She cut down her starbucks and packs her lunch, and she still has money left over. She is loving it.
So if you think you can't do it, and you really want to join a gym, call around and get prices and figure out your budget. You would be surprised where you can cut back.
She joined fitness 19. I think it is located all over now. She did not have to pay a registration fee, just $19 a month.

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    My cousin didn't think she could afford to join a gym. She needs to lose 125 pounds, and she had the treadmill at home. She couldn't get motivated. I was the same until I joined the Gym. She was bord doing the same thing. She said she couldn't afford to pay for a membership. We sat down and did her budget. She was spending more than $18 a week at startbucks, and went to lunch 3-4 times a week at $12+ each time she went. That is more than $100 a month. That is not including going to dinner.
    We found a gym that is month to month at $19 a month.
    She joined and has lost 20 pounds so far. She cut down her starbucks and packs her lunch, and she still has money left over. She is loving it.
    So if you think you can't do it, and you really want to join a gym, call around and get prices and figure out your budget. You would be surprised where you can cut back.
    She joined fitness 19. I think it is located all over now. She did not have to pay a registration fee, just $19 a month.
  • Good to hear! Way to motivate!

It always comes down to priorities!
  • I agree with fessler