New To Fitness Pal!

Options
Im new to this whole thing but im realllyy wanting to get back in shape...any tips would be great!!

Replies

• THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    If you have an android or apple phone, download the app! Track everything!!! Take one thing at a time. Something I have just learned myself: Don't focus on the # (weight) focus on being healthy (staying under cals) and exercising and the weight will come off. :) Add me as a friend if you like!!
  • fiolc
    fiolc Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am new to this and very excited to start a healthy life Iam diabetic and my biggest challenge is what kind of food can I have need advise need to loss weight and get my blood numbers back to normal.
  • driscollmc
    Options
    the best advice i can give is when you go to the gym, don't pay attention to what other people are doing. when i first started, i used to look at other people's machines and be like "ugh, i probably look like such a loser since i can't go as fast as them" or whatever, but as i've been working out and getting stronger, i'm now one of those people, which is FANTASTIC.
    another thing is don't let one bad day throw you off. sure you might have one bad day where you drop the ball a little, but instead of punishing yourself by giving up, punish yourself at the gym.
    one last thing, is use the MFP community. we're all here for you, so add as many people as you can as friends and i promise the love will be spread around and make you feel so great :) hope this helps!!
  • driscollmc
    Options
    ps, i just noticed we're the same age and want to lose the same amount of weight! WOO!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome to the site. the site is amazing and so are the people. feel free to friend me. you are definitely amongst friends here.