how accurate is the wii fit plus' calorie counter?

Belle_Fille
Belle_Fille Posts: 469
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
has anyone ever worn a heart rate monitor while doing wii fit? how accurate is it? i know it isnt 100% but more like a guesstimate. but are they guessing on the low side? hows it work? im just wondering if i really am burning AT LEAST what its saying i am. or if its more realistic that im burning less.

ive done 10 minutes today. the obstacle course the full time and its saying i burned 52cals.

im going to go finish up my time and then ill be back to read replies. i just thought id post real fast before i forgot. i have a horrible memory

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Hi!
    I did a full 60 minutes of wii fit plus today (snowed in) and it said that I torched 357 calories. Granted a lot of that was stepping and running, and marching, but I worked up a pretty good sweat, at the least equivalent to when I spend 35 minutes on the elliptical...

I'm going to take it on good faith until I can get a HRM. It calculates based on weight and intensity....

Interested what anyone else might have to say....
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    For me personally, my HRM says I burn quite a bit more than Wii Fit says. But just remember that going too low on reporting exercise calories is better than going too high!

HTH
This discussion has been closed.