Spaghetti Squash, Love of my life

Options
Where have you been all my life? I am just tickled pink at how much I like this stuff!!! I roasted it for an hour at 375, split it open and ripped it apart with a fork, drenched it with some chipotle tabasco and could not finish even one half of the squash. For 85 calories.
:love: :love: :love:

Replies

• Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Man I HAVE to try it!!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You cant buy these (or they dont grow or whatever) over here in australia.... =*( BOO!!!
  • fullofhope
    fullofhope Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash too, I cut it in half, place middle down on baking sheet with about a cup of water, Bake 375 till I think its done. I never have timed it. Scoop out in to a bowl and put spaghetti sauce on it. Delish!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great idea!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    OMG I found a peeler that peels them like spaghetti so I made some zuchini & yellow squash spaghetti for the 1st time night before last. I added some onions, yellow & orange bell peppers, a little Italian sauce and cut up some roasted chicken in it. Let it marinate and wooooooolah!! HEAVEN!!
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    awe heck yes. I love spaghetti squash.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I pierced the squash with my meat timer and roasted it whole.

I was joking with my hubby that it is more like "chow mein" squash LOL because the "noodles" are short, not twirlable.
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    i have to try it!
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You cant buy these (or they dont grow or whatever) over here in australia.... =*( BOO!!!

that may be one thing i will miss when i move to Australia when i get my degree lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    and it was so cheap! 99cents a lb at my store.

delightful!
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    gotta try this!!!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Have loved spaghetti squash for many years. It's a beautiful thing! (omg I just sounded like Martha Stewart. Ack.)

I do mine in the microwave a lot of times. Just cut in half width-wise (may need an ax), clean out seeds, put face down on a plate with a tablespoon or two of water and hit high for about 10-12 minutes. So easy. :love:
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Acorn squash is another good one to roast. You can brush it with EVOO and a bit of parmesan reggiano...or you can hit it with goat cheese :).
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump:wink:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! It sounds fantastic...I'm going to try this!