I can see how they're eating around 1000 cals or less

Options
crystal_sapphire
crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
did you see those pre made meals? they get 3 of those.

bob and jillian don't seem very into this season. it seems like a bother to be there. does anyone else get that feeling?

eh maybe i'm just getting into other shows such as Heavy

Replies

• TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    No I saw it! Jillian was looking totally uninterested when she didn't know she was in the shot! But I have read interviews that they are actually there for hours on end for those weigh ins. They have to have enough footage to edit together the segments! So maybe when she was halfway in the shot we were just seeing how tired she was.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    well consider...2 people literally railroaded any progress...a third did it because she wanted to make sure the other guy went home. the biggest guy on campus is not losing the numbers he should and his dad is beating himself up like he isn't doing enough...
    this season is kind of a downer...to think whole teams don't want to be on the show after it gets to hard and so many other people would have given their lives to be on there...it's great they did good at home, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I like Heavy much better. Can't stand the game-play and sabotage (self or otherwise) in BL.
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I read Jillian picked the trainers out...who knows...
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    I kind of liked the scandal! haha. But yeah I feel like the show is losing some of it's magic. I really love Heavy though, I love that they receive real therapy from professionals (not that I don't love Bob and Jill) I also love that female trainer Britney I think her name is. She has my goal body! (hah)
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I read Jillian picked the trainers out...who knows...
    I am sure she did, they are replacing her... or one of them is.
    I'd be ticked off to if someone was blowing it on purpose! haha
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying Heavy as well.
    There's a show called X-Weighted that is pretty good too. Each show follows one person or family for 6 months.
    They're only in competition with themselves. You rarely see people lose more than 50 pounds in 6 months so it's a safe rate of weight loss and realistic for anyone with a lot of weight to lose.

I don't watch BL anymore.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I kind of liked the scandal! haha. But yeah I feel like the show is losing some of it's magic. I really love Heavy though, I love that they receive real therapy from professionals (not that I don't love Bob and Jill) I also love that female trainer Britney I think her name is. She has my goal body! (hah)
    Jillian and Bob spend a lot of time on campus and they cook with and teach them how to prepare food and make better choices.

See I like the new guy... he has my dream body too... just for me ;) hehe
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    well consider...2 people literally railroaded any progress...a third did it because she wanted to make sure the other guy went home. the biggest guy on campus is not losing the numbers he should and his dad is beating himself up like he isn't doing enough...
    this season is kind of a downer...to think whole teams don't want to be on the show after it gets to hard and so many other people would have given their lives to be on there...it's great they did good at home, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

i'm sad it's been such a downer so far - I agree. I like the purple, aqua, and green teams for their positivity. . i'm watching it right now since it didn't record on the US channel, but this is jillian's last season. i wish she'd be a bit more enthusiastic

and wtf is up with the weight gains??ugh i wish the orange girl wouldn't have sabotaged and kept her integrity. and ugh @ these dumb twins. should have never been selected.

i'm also annoyed about the olympic guy and his rude friend being on the show. he could afford a personal trainer and was obviously brought in for ratings. meanwhile, someone else could have used this so much more

so boo at the yellow and black teams.

guess i should just keep in mind this is realty tv. and so much behind the scenes occur we don't see. this show isn't about being healthy. It's about a number.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I heard this was Jillian's last season - she wants to start a family. Not sure if this is true or not.

I love Heavy because it is way more realistic. I also like how it deals with the emotional component as well. But the whole process has to get stuffed into a one-hour slot, shared with another person, so it's hard to really get to know the people going through it. I do really like it, though. I just want to see more of the process.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I'm enjoying Heavy as well.
    There's a show called X-Weighted that is pretty good too. Each show follows one person or family for 6 months.
    They're only in competition with themselves. You rarely see people lose more than 50 pounds in 6 months so it's a safe rate of weight loss and realistic for anyone with a lot of weight to lose.

I don't watch BL anymore.
    That show sounds very interesting! What channel is it on???
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Oh and BTW they are NOT eating 1000 calories or less! lol The men average 1800-2000, I know that for a fact. And I am sure the women are 1200-1500.

Sorry for all the posts.. I just know an at home winner! ;)
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options

i'm sad it's been such a downer so far - I agree. I like the purple, aqua, and green teams for their positivity. . i'm watching it right now since it didn't record on the US channel, but this is jillian's last season. i wish she'd be a bit more enthusiastic

and wtf is up with the weight gains??ugh i wish the orange girl wouldn't have sabotaged and kept her integrity. and ugh @ these dumb twins. should have never been selected.

i'm also annoyed about the olympic guy and his rude friend being on the show. he could afford a personal trainer and was obviously brought in for ratings. meanwhile, someone else could have used this so much more

so boo at the yellow and black teams.

guess i should just keep in mind this is realty tv. and so much behind the scenes occur we don't see. this show isn't about being healthy. It's about a number.

yeah the yellow team...is hardcore and really could have done it at home. They picked the unknowns and only made them worse...what gets me is the unknows were catered to ...literally...so i think being on the ranch is going to be much harder for them then they realize in the up coming weeks. I also think the new girl trainer and jill are gonna get into it...

I LOVE heavy it shows the actual struggles and reality of the morbidly obese...i am sure they are not going to touch aurthor's over hanging skin on biggest loser just like all the other's with the skin issues...they never do and that is a major thing considering the amount of weight lose, the skin doesn't have time to recover even alittle bit...but Heavy does talk about it

another one is "I used to be fat" it's on mtv and it does a pretty good job on depicting weightloss as well.
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    I heard this was Jillian's last season - she wants to start a family. Not sure if this is true or not.

I love Heavy because it is way more realistic. I also like how it deals with the emotional component as well. But the whole process has to get stuffed into a one-hour slot, shared with another person, so it's hard to really get to know the people going through it. I do really like it, though. I just want to see more of the process.

you're right about the starting of a family thing. which is kind of strange since there was so much controversy a year or so ago when she said she'd never have children because of what it does to your body and she said something else. I know she has a boyfriend but I'm pretty sure she's a lesbian. who knows.

I agree with you on the Heavy stuff too.
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    Oh and BTW they are NOT eating 1000 calories or less! lol The men average 1800-2000, I know that for a fact. And I am sure the women are 1200-1500.

interesting that you know someone! that's so neat! any extras you know about??

however on last week's episode, the red team was showing the green team their meal board and it clearly showed the total was 1097 for the day.

not to mention past contestants have spoken out that what we see on tv doesn't happen on the ranch 100%. The one guy was peeing blood before the finale and the producers call non stop pressuring them.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

you're right about the starting of a family thing. which is kind of strange since there was so much controversy a year or so ago when she said she'd never have children because of what it does to your body and she said something else. I know she has a boyfriend but I'm pretty sure she's a lesbian. who knows.

LOL She is adopting!! She won't have a baby because of her thyroid and female complications. She plans to adopt here in the US and one from another country,.... not sure which is first but that is her plan. She also wants to do country wide stuff working with schools and what not to make an impact elsewhere and all over.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options

What she said was misconstrued about not wanting to have children naturally. She actually has She has PCOS and endometriosis. Here's the article in case you are interested in the details:

http://www.momlogic.com/2010/05/jillian_michaels_pregnancy_does_not_ruin_your_body.php
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

however on last week's episode, the red team was showing the green team their meal board and it clearly showed the total was 1097 for the day.

not to mention past contestants have spoken out that what we see on tv doesn't happen on the ranch 100%. The one guy was peeing blood before the finale and the producers call non stop pressuring them.
    Yes, I am sure there is A LOT of pressure!!!
    There is A LOT that we don't see, that is true! Also, the weigh in's are not necessarily a week apart... sometimes longer than a week sometimes a week.
    Keep in mind also that that board could have been a prop for a shock value, like the rest of the show! ;) I man I know ate 1800-2000 the entire time! He just kicked his *kitten* at home and on the ranch. LOTS of circuit training. And NO SAUNA as some people have assumed. lol
    Those weigh in's are hours long and Ali's all scripted haha
    I would be cranky in between too! hahaha
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options

That would also be my only complaint about Heavy - we don't get too see that much of each person and the "day-to-day" struggles. Would rather have a 1 hour show for each person. But I love the fact that they have therapists and nutritionists and trainers - and that they get sent to remedial school if they backslide! lol
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options

Yes, I am sure there is A LOT of pressure!!!
    There is A LOT that we don't see, that is true! Also, the weigh in's are not necessarily a week apart... sometimes longer than a week sometimes a week.
    Keep in mind also that that board could have been a prop for a shock value, like the rest of the show! ;) I man I know ate 1800-2000 the entire time! He just kicked his *kitten* at home and on the ranch. LOTS of circuit training. And NO SAUNA as some people have assumed. lol
    Those weigh in's are hours long and Ali's all scripted haha
    I would be cranky in between too! hahaha

yeah I heard that about the weigh ins too. I heard it's more like 1-1.5 weeks.

I'm soo curious who you know haha!