I'm a moron

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
I CANNOT post pictures on the threads??? How do I do it?
Say I find a pic I want to use on the web, now what?

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    I CANNOT post pictures on the threads??? How do I do it?
    Say I find a pic I want to use on the web, now what?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it either.
    Do you have photobucket for your photos?

If you do-select the picture and copy the direct link
    paste it inbetwwen this
    [img][/img]

good luck:flowerforyou:
  • jenbar
    Options
    see??!! again?....
    when you say
    "paste it inbetween this" I don't know what you're talking about?!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    okay I'll save the day.....fixing my cape...hold on...ahhh okay....here I come!!!

first you need to post a pic on the web somewhere like photobucket....

from photobucket they have a tab called image sharing I think...it will bring the link and it will start w/
    ...then the link....then

to get it to show here you have to change the IMG's to small case....and there you go....or you can paste the link between the above img and /img...in those [ ] it won't let me write them that's why renees shows a red box whatever you put between those imgs in the [ ] it thinks is a pic...hence the red x...I just wrote and in between and it gave a red x....does that make sense???

hugs and let me know ...
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    Options
    okay I'll save the day.....fixing my cape...hold on...ahhh okay....here I come!!!

from photobucket they have a tab called image sharing I think...it will bring the link and it will start w/
    ...then the link....then

to get it to show here you have to change the IMG's to small case....and there you go....or you can paste the link between the above img and /img...in those [ ] it won't let me write them that's why renees shows a red box whatever you put between those imgs in the [ ] it thinks is a pic...hence the red x...I just wrote and in between and it gave a red x....does that make sense???

hugs and let me know ...

ha ha ha if banks could see me now....Al too!!! who else was there Renee at our 101 lol...who's laughing now baby LOL...watch I'm wrong...yikes! lol
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    AH!!!! Its the dam caps throwing it off? Man i was getting my butt beat the other day, let me try this again...... My fishing buddy, I don't know why I take her sometimes other than to make waves in my trip!:bigsmile:

P8040167.jpg
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options

...then the link....then

hugs and let me know ...

ha ha ha if banks could see me now....Al too!!! who else was there Renee at our 101 lol...who's laughing now baby LOL...watch I'm wrong...yikes! lol

Ali, I think you need to lay off the refir, your cracked out like a cheetah on cocaine! Thanks for the advice, my crazy fiance pic is big though, hmm I guess I just have to change the settings in photobucket!:bigsmile:
  • ali106
    Options

...then the link....then

hugs and let me know ...

Ali, I think you need to lay off the refir, your cracked out like a cheetah on cocaine! Thanks for the advice, my crazy fiance pic is big though, hmm I guess I just have to change the settings in photobucket!:bigsmile:

aww happy to help...she's sooo pretty!!! you go boy! woot woot! lol
    hugs!
    and ix-nay on the ifer-ray! geesh! lol
    Ali :drinker:
  • jenbar
    Options
    do you ALWAYS have to
    1. find the image you want to post online
    2. save it to your desktop
    3. then save it to photobucket
    4. then copy it into here?????

that's WAY too many steps?
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    nope, you can directly link it from anywhere!

if you find a picture online that you want to post, right click on it and go to "copy image location'
    ( this will always start with http and end with the image name itself, like emily.jpg) im sure there is a way to do this thru the file menu without right clicking, but im not sure...

then you come back to here, and type in (without ANY spaces, i just have to put spaces here so that it will show up and not just be invisible when i post it) [ img ] then immediately after the ] you paste your image location. It will be something like http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/iluvsparkles/henna1-1.jpg

and then, again with no spaces at all anywhere in the code, you type [ /img] to close the img command.

in the end, what you type in to make the picture appear has absolutely no spaces in it, but due to the nature of html, if i were to type it here as you are supposed to type it when you are entering the code, it would not appear here! i hope this works for you hon!

oh yea, another interesting thing is that even if you do upload a picture to photobucket, im pretty sure that the code they provide you wont work on the mfp forum, which is why we post it they way described here instead of just copy/paste the code provided from their service!
  • jenbar
    Options
    225629_fat_guy_in_car.jpg
  • jenbar
    Options
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now I get it!!!
    thank you thank you thank you!!!