The Insanity 60 Day Challenge

Tical900
Tical900 Posts: 1
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all, well first I'll start off with this is my first time actually counting calories and keeping track of my exercise. Big goal is not about weight loss or weight gain but living a healthier life and actually being able to be in shape.

Currently I'm in my last year of high school and just prepping before University. My question here is, I just began the insanity workout and I'm following the workout schedule to the letter right now, this consists of 6 days a week of cardio with 1 day of rest.

My concern right now is that I am doing all of this cardio but as well I'm compounding these cardio workouts with a full gym workout 5 days a week... So my Schedule is essentially Weights/Heavy Lifting during the day and my hardcore cardio during the night...I'm keeping my body supplemented and watching everything that I eat in order to keep my body running.

I'm just worried that I may not be able to make my 60 days of insanity and still maintain my workout regime at the same time, is there any advice from those more experienced then me in terms of finding the right meals, or if I should increase my calorie and protein intake for this??

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• I do Insanity too. In itself, it's a really intense full body workout, so I think it would be really hard to do some much at the gym on top of that.

However, if you are determined, I do think it can be done--but DEFINITELY eat enough calories. In the beginning of the nutrition guide, there is a section that helps determine how many calories you need to be eating depending on what your goal is for the Insanity program.

In addition to that, I'd talk to one of the trainers at the gym, or maybe the nutritionist (if available) to see how many extra calories you may need to eat on top of the ones recommended.

I know that I'm not really giving you answers--but maybe it's a start. Please remember though, that insanity is a lot of cardio, but because it's mostly plyometrics, it is a full body workout, that can be used for both muscle building (including bulking up), or toning and slimming.
This discussion has been closed.