New to this...

Options
So, I've tried a bunch of diets and of course they all failed. I try to exercise, and I'll do really well, but get frustrated when I work so hard and don't notice any weight loss or difference, then kind of give up. :cry: I guess I', wondering, has anyone had success with this? I am trying to lose 20 pounds, I feel horrible about myself, and really just need encouragement that something out there will work...

Replies

• janieF
    janieF Posts: 17
    Options
    So, I've tried a bunch of diets and of course they all failed. I try to exercise, and I'll do really well, but get frustrated when I work so hard and don't notice any weight loss or difference, then kind of give up. :cry: I guess I', wondering, has anyone had success with this? I am trying to lose 20 pounds, I feel horrible about myself, and really just need encouragement that something out there will work...
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Your in for a real treat. This site has helped me lose 38 pounds so far. It really works! Check out the boards they are loaded with peoples success stories. Just log in everyday. Good luck so! Happy your here>:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    First off, welcome janie!

As bigdane has said, this site has been a miracle for me and I'll bet
    many others will say the same. Not only can you log your food
    and exercises, but the support network here is second to none!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    Janie, this will work for you. Welcome. We're so glad you're here!

There are many support posts on this site. So many people have lost weight here, and the people are just the best.

Here is one of the threads I started and some of the many success stories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/847-post-weight-losses-hold-me-accountable-thanks

Look at the topics in Message Boards>Motivation and Support>Weekly Weight Losses (it's a new thread just started last week where we are going to post each week's loss.

There are lots of stories in the message boards.

Good luck!
    ~cheryl
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Counting calories used to be the only way for success because you are forced to see how much you are misbehaving and you are having to put a lot of time investment into changing your life style when counting and watching everything you eat....after all of your hard work just planning and documenting you don't want to spoil it.
  • janieF
    janieF Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks guys. I already feel better about doing this!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Janie Welcom,
    We are very glad to have you here to share this journey.

Eve