North QLD Cyclone Yasi Category 5

Options
Hey Hey,

I am from Far North QLD and as most of Australia knows we are currently in the eye of a Category 5 Cyclone. There is predictions that we will be smashed with this at 11pm tonight... the next 24hrs are going to be intense and scary! All I ask is that you pray for us... I dont care what your religous views are but all prayers will be muchly appreciated.

ATM there is nothing that we can do but sit and wait.... and pray, hope for the best and smile as we always do xx

J-mee xxx

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Yep you poor things our thoughts are with you. Stay safe!!!
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    Options
    please be safe
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Yes....Stay safe...our prayers are with you and your family :):flowerforyou:
  • baycityroller
    Options
    we're all thinking of you here in perth x
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thoughts are with you all and everyone in the area that is due to get hit. I have Sky News constant on my computer so will keep checking and fingers crossed that it is not as bad as everyone is expecting.

Take care and keep safe x
  • tashtranquillo
    Options
    From sydney and sending out some love!!! it's a terrible ordeal but i'm sure you Queenslander's are going to get though it! xx
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've just been watching some of the webcams people set up in Townsville on ABC24. Its gonna be a monster. Gotta say though, this year has made Queenslanders look like some of the best people on the planet. Everyone pulls together so well. Stay safe!

(from Canberra)
  • UnpredictablyPretty21
    Options
    I am in Townsville and its insane its scary and there are tears.... thank you for all your support!!!! Its really appreciated. We are just holding tight atm, the wind here is terrible its howling thru the house, the rain is just belting down.
    Most we have had mates calling thru and telling us they have no power we are still lucky atm so we are able to watch it online.

Love xxx
    J-mee
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    we're all thinking of you here in perth x

I second that !
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Definitely thinking of you. xox From NZ.
  • flossicle
    Options
    Thinking of you and your family! Stay Safe! x
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Our prayers go out to you all, I have relatives in Cairns, we have not heard anything from them yet. Good luck to all hold on in there.:smile:
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    We'll all be watching whats going on up there, and hopefully everyone affected will be able to stay safe and well!
  • Taelalee
    Options
    stay safe everyone out there in QLD!!!

thinking of you all from northern WA
  • mjd1980
    Options
    Stay safe... thinking of you all, i have friends in innisfail who have emigrated from the uk and and one of my best friends is out there visiting...

praying for you all xx
  • UnpredictablyPretty21
    Options
    Thank you all so much really.... its appreciated

just so you know if you are trying to contact your loved ones there is no mobile coverage :(
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Stay safe everyone!

Thoughts and prays that everyone stays safe from the UK.

**Hugs**
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Sending my prayers. Please stay safe:heart:
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Praying for you xxx
  • emmascott
    Options
    oh my goodness...good luck x