Late night food after excercise

Options
Ok, so I have read alot of the topics around eating all your calories (+excercise calories), I have problem though, as I tend to go out twice a week to salsa classes and freestyle dancing that can last until 10.30 - 11 pm, I'll get home and realise that I have about 500-600 cals left to eat back.

Last night was a great example: I got home from work, quickly showered and prepared/ate dinner then headed out for dance at about 7 pm (I sit on the door for th club on a Tuesday), my class was between 8.30 - 9.30 pm, then free style dancing for another hour, and got home late. Basically because normally in the evenings I tend to have ~300 cals left over from the day anyway, which I tend to have to eat up , normally with tea / coffee and small post dinner snack. But I don't have the time when I am out for the whole evening to eat my normal left over cals, so I end up with those extras not being eaten plus the extra excercise ones (~350 cals for a couple of hours of intermittant dancing). Last night I got in late and had a small bowl of cereal, but this still left my with 500 cals undereaten. I don't like the idea of eating so late, and to be honest after excercise I tend to not be that hungary anyway. So should I leave them ones and save them up or try and eat more pre-excercise, or go for the late night food? Its difficult when your excercise is part of your social life and can take up a whole evening :) !! Any help / tips would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'd plan them in during the day! A bigger lunch, a few more snacks. Sounds like a great excuse to have more food and feel good about it!