When to weigh-in? Suggestions please!

Options
Hello All,

I'm just wondering how often I shoud weigh myself - everyday? Every week? Every two weeks? Do timings make a difference - i.e. morning/evening?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what works best for them?

Thanks!

Replies

• andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi, I weigh myself every Friday morning because I am aiming to lose 1-2 pounds a week.
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning just to see :). I will be updating every monday morning
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning as soon as I get up. After a wee & before brekkie....:laugh:
  • mresta
    mresta Posts: 33
    Options
    I weigh every morning as soon as I get up. After a wee & before brekkie....:laugh:

LOL! So do I, but I've weened myself off weight everyday, just every Friday now.
  • mresta
    mresta Posts: 33
    Options

LOL! So do I, but I've weened myself off weight everyday, just every Friday now.
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I weigh every wednesday morning. i found if i weighed every day i became abit weight obssesed. lol so i now do it once a week .
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I only do an official weigh in once a week. If you do every day, you're going to drive yourself nuts over the scale. What day you do it on is up to you, just make it the same day every week. Morning is definitely better than evening, because later in the day your weight is more likely to be skewed based on what you ate/drank that day.

So one a week, mornings, whichever day works for you.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options

Me too
  • jasonweinberg
    Options
    before bedtime and first thing everyday. i love losing weight overnight!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    i weigh once a week, first thing in the morning. I really drive myself nuts if i weigh daily; weigh can fluctuate with water retention so it can go up and down through a week.
  • TanMac
    TanMac Posts: 77
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. I have choosen Monday mornings to keep me honest over the weekend.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    It depends how likely you are to be upset by fluctuating numbers, i weigh every couple of days first thing in the morning after my first pee of the day but I only record Sunday morning weigh ins. My weight fluctuates quite a bit and its interesting to see the differences.

If you are going to be stressed by numbers go for once a week first thing in the morning.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself "officially" on Thursdays when I wake. I work a week of days and a week of nights, so when I wake on Thursdays I jump on the scale (hope not to break it! :laugh: ) after a pee and before coffee. I chose that day because I would be more neurotic than I normally am if I weighed myself daily. And because on the weekends if I have had anything that will show up on the scale it will be out of my system. I also weigh in on Mondays just to have a "look-see". But only record on Thursdays.
  • adwt2004
    Options
    I'm finding myself weighing every morning, need to stop really. I initially planned to weigh every saturday morning and do BF etc.

I need more self control on the scales.
  • emilybrittain
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions! Think I need to find a day and stick to it and not every day!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My heaviest day tends to be Monday's so I choose Monday morning as my weigh in day.
  • støvring
    Options
    once a week.. And in the morning, after i've been to the toilet.. but to be honest.. i am on the scale every day.. just to make sure i don't go up to much...