Hunger pangs! Help!

Options
I keep getting hunger pangs at around 10.30 - 11.30am having eaten a 250cal breakfast at around 8am - I don't want to eat lunch that early otherwise I'll be starving in the afternoon!

Any suggestions for keeping hunger pangs at bay?!

Thanks!

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Have a small snack in between! Eat a piece of fruit, some yogurt, or some beef jerky...something low calorie and healthy that will keep you going between meals. I *always* have snacks in between the major meals.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I always eat a peice of fruit or possibly a cereal bar and drink plenty water mid morning. 250 cals isn't much really when you've not eaten overnight. I think regular small snacks helps your metabloism.

Louise
  • akasmiler
    Options
    I tend to have something like a bag of crisps mid morning roughly 2 hours before lunch - something i can just snack on
  • TanMac
    TanMac Posts: 77
    Options
    I have noticed with myself that I need to eat more for breakfast and tapper off a bit later in the day. I was averaging around 200 calories for breakfast and it just wasn't enough.

I too find I get hungry around 10-11am. Drink water!! If you need a bit more then I would use some Crystal Light for a bit of a sweet taste.
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I dont eat a lot of meat but I have found that if I have wholegrain ryvita with Peanut Butter (adds to my protein) and a banana then I am not hungry till lunchtime, if I was I would just snack on fruit.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Try eating some almonds, just a handful of them tends to curb hunger pains.
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    It is great that you are having a good breakfast.. It is very important as it is the first meal of the day.
    I try to have an apple or hummus with Carrots around 10:30- 11:30 am and a big glass of water.. Then my lunch would be an hour or 2 hours after that. Then i eat another fruit or drink a protein shake mid-afternoon (let's say 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm).
    You know what they say: have breakfast like a king, Lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar..

To your health
  • crazeness
    Options
    I was going to suggest a snack and water.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I eat an apple and drink a bottle of water about an hour before lunch. It's just enough to get me through until meal time.
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Try to have a breakfast that involves oats there are flakes and breakfast biscuits not just porridge! and its the basis for museli which is lovely soaked overnight with fruit and nuts. You need slow burning fuel in the morning. If you are just having toast for breakfast you will feel hungry by midmorning. But the calories you have for breakfast just arent enough to start the day on. The other problem could be that you need water. Try a drink of water first and wait to see if the pains dissipate. If you are having small meals then you will need to make sure that you are having a midmorning snack and one in the afternoon. You could have a banana, a handful of almonds. Yogurt is also good.