What are your favorite ab workouts?

kcdrake
kcdrake Posts: 512
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm not talking about spot weight loss, I know its a crock.

I'm talking about muscle toning.

What are your favorite workouts that target your abs? Ideally, the exercises would target all sections of ab (upper, lower, oblique, etc). I'm already doing Insanity so I have a pretty good ab workout anyway, but Spring Break is coming up and I want to tone my tummy before popping on a bathing suit! :laugh:

Edit: I know P90X is a killer workout, but it is one I don't have and don't have the money to buy. I'm talking more about more traditional exercises, or ones I could do without spending money. haha

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Well, I love working out my abs (even though I can't see them yet!).

Decline bench and do sit ups by twisting from side to side as you are going up and down.
    Doing the plank with feet up on the bench and using a medicine ball instead of hands flat on the floor, lift one leg for 30 secs and then lift other leg - killer for abs!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Ab ripper X from P90X
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I too like ab ripper - and bellydancing :happy:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    I do P90X ab ripper x 3 times a week. Plus running really helps to tone your abs as well.
  • I agree with the P90X Ab Ripper. . I hate it but I love it. If there is anything harder, I would be scared of it
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    AB RIPPER X...! It kills but it feels so good..! :) Bonus - Tony Horton is HOT..! lol 'Hit my Haaand' lol
  • you can find ab ripper online, it's awesome, but you have to do cardio to burn the fat off the surface of your abs......you can do situps all day and never see a six pack if you dont burn the fat off. depends on how much you have though
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Look on youtube and search for ab workouts...I can't really explain in text form on how to do it..I'm more of visual person :)
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Oh, thanks for that. I already found it online. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

I know I need to do cardio, hence the Insanity workouts and whatnot. But I like toning. And I'm one of those weirdos that actually loses weight from the middle first, so toning helps everything look better sooner. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.