Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

wow ... just WOW

Last night I had the most wonderful dream. I woke up when my bf got home (he works 230 - 11) and sat up with him and ate pizza, candy and drank soda ... just like the old days ... the old days that brought me here. It all tasted WONDERFUL ... then I woke up this morning to find my jammies covered in pizza oil and the crumbs from that candy bar embedded on my pillow.... IT WASN'T A DREAM!!! I did that! Holy crap! Am I really that bad off that I'm sabotaging myself in my sleep? I don't deny myself during the day, I eat whatever I want ... just manage the portions. So why am I waking in the middle of the night and eating crap?? Luckily, I only ate a few bites of each. I woke my bf up and fussed at him ... he said he thought I was awake ... I took the pizza off the table, grabbed the candy bar sitting next to him on the couch and got back into bed. I took 3 bites of the pizza, put it aside ... opened the candy bar, took 3 bites and set it aside ... he had to put them up to get into bed. As for the soda ... that really was a dream. We have none in the house, so the soda I was guzzling was really my water.

Replies

• that's insane, hilarious & scary all at the same time hahaha
  • maricari
    maricari Posts: 133
    Sleep eating is a real thing. I have a friend who is a sleep eater and it took her a awhile to figure it out. She would get up in the morning and find empty boxes of cereal, leftovers gone, and did not remember it at all. After seeking medical advice it was a result of the the sleep medication she was taking. It is a disorder much like sleepwalking but is is driven by the desire to eat. Not saying this is what happened to you, i would presume, if this has occured before that you bf came in as you were the cycle of sleep that you is between concious and unconcious and is a dream state just before you would naturally move into another cycle.
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    It has happened before ... but usually I don't really eat. I've learned not to keep things by my bed or I'd eat them in my sleep. It's worse when I take a sleep aid ... And I've been taking Nyquil this week
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Wow, that is crazy!

Well at least you only had 3 bites of each. You were obviously craving something. Just warn the BF in the future that you may be a sleep-eater now and to put you back to bed if you try and of that sh** again, LOL!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Wow, that's kind of freaky! I sleepwalk and have conversations in my sleep, but I don't think I've ever eaten in my sleep. Well, at least it looks like you showed some self-control even in your sleep, only eating a few bites of stuff! :) Your healthy habits are so ingrained you're even practicing them in your sleep! That's something to be happy about. :)
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    I had a roommate in college who was a sleep eater. She had no idea she was eating all her food and then the next day or so would accuse all the roommates of eating all her food. It took awhile for us to figure it out. It is funny now looking back at it but stressful while it was happening. She ended up locking the fridge with a pad lock that only the other roommates could open.

Good Luck. At least you are practicing some self control while sleep eating.