At home AB workouts

Options
For the past 3 weeks I have been walking on a treadmill to get my indurance up and now I am ready to find another way to work out. I do not have a membership to any gym, so here's my question. Does anyone know of any good home workouts, tapes, or Wii games that will work my core and ab muscles? Thanks for all your help!!

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy the Rev Abs once I get through the ChaLean Extreme.... I heard before Hip Hop Abs were good also. Not sure about the Wii games.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi,

The wii has some good games including wii fit and the winter olymics, we also have a game that you have to follow the dancers. Thats a workout.

I have many dvd programs - it depends on what your looking for. There are some great workouts for abs, overal strenght, cardio etc..
  • mfcisthatyou
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has some really good work out DVD's that focus on circuit training that help with the core as well as other "trouble zones". She also has one that's mainly for abs called 6 week 6 pack that you may want to look into.
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    Wii Fit and Wii Active i love...do it like 5x a week
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    The Biggest Loser Challenge for Wii will help. You can choose which muscles you want to workout in you routines. I have also heard Zumba for Wi works but I just got it, so I couldnt say for sure.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    If yo have cable exerciseTV has 600 different exercises.You can find them online also. I love the standing ab workout which I incorporate with my treadmill exercises. Lately I've been doing only 20 min of Jullian 6 week 6 pack. Haven't been able to complete level one yet. Good Luck! I love working out at home.
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have a 'Pump it up, Beach body' dance DVD, there are others in the Pump it up range, and they all have a toning section. The beach body dvd i have is really good, especially the toning part. They aren't hard to follow but really feel like you're doing something! I like to do them because if its raining i never want to go out and i tend to swim more than gym.
    Also, there are Davina McCall DVDs available which are meant to be very good for toning, my friend has them! You can get them all on amazon but read the reviews first!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Remember, in order to get any visual ab definition you have to lose the body fat on top of the muscle. Doing crunches and DVD's are great to get you started but you'll never see the results until the weight falls off.

Good luck!
  • montanamade68
    montanamade68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome and fun. I also do Turbo Jam and I have a walk aerobics tape as well as a treadmill so I have a variety of different things I can do so I don't get bored with just one thing. Hope this helps, good luck!!
  • CMGemstone
    CMGemstone Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warner has a DVD called "one-on-one training with Jackie" that has a very challenging ab section-- it's 20 minutes out of the 60 on the DVD (the other sections are also 20 min. each and split into lower and upper body). It's a great DVD to grow into once you've done some of the other basic workouts, and the format is good if you want to target specific areas. I am lazy about lunges, etc., so I use the lower-body section a lot, too.