Insanity, Turbo Jam or Other at Home Workouts

jmhunter84
jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I used to do a boot-camp and I was losing a lot of weight. I want your opinions on the most effective workouts at home. I have Turbo Jam from Beach body. I am seen so many reviews and advertisements for Insanity? Is Insanity that effective? I want to lose weight but be toned and fit, and help will be great, I am open to all advice and tips! Thanks guys!

Replies

• Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 320 Member
    I love Jillian Michaels' work outs.....!
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Insanity is crazy. It's a great workout if you can do a high impact for 60 minutes it is a great workout. I have been doing P90X also from beachbody and it is a great workout but not as high impact, but still a great workout and I am seeing results! Good Luck with whatever you choose.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Insanity is a hard core cartio work out. It is a few steps up from Turbo jam. If you did a boot camp, you could do Insanity. It will work your butt off, as well as other things.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Insanity is crazy. It's a great workout if you can do a high impact for 60 minutes it is a great workout. I have been doing P90X also from beachbody and it is a great workout but not as high impact, but still a great workout and I am seeing results! Good Luck with whatever you choose.

P90X has strength building as well as cardio and flexability. Insanity is geared towards a more cardio driven program. Both are excellent!
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Another one to consider is Turbo Fire, which is also a BB program. It is like Turbo Jam on crack. :bigsmile:
  • jmhunter84
    I struggled in the bootcamp. Those commercials and how the people are drenching sweat scare me. Lol
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Honestly I purchased Insanity, thinking I would lose 30lbs in 60 days. But, I honestly was not being realistic. However, I did lose 10lbs in 60days. I was eating healthy and drinking Shakeology. But with insanity don't expect maricles, you will lost what you put into it and how much you put in to it.
  • jmhunter84
    Thanks for being honest Emely J! I think the infomercials make you think it will be miracles but it is you performing that is the miracle!
This discussion has been closed.