Bored after surgery!!!

Options
After losing 100lbs!!! YEAH ME!! I am having a tummy tuck in july.(it's getting close....getting anxious...) my problem is going to be staying out of the kitchen afterwards. My son is going to his grandma's for the whole summer and my husband is taking a week off to take care of me, but after that he will be returning to work and it will be just me and the fridge eyeballing each other all day. I don't have a problem staying at my 1200 calories now, but when I am here alone all day with nothing to do for 6 weeks i'm not sure what i'm going to do. Any suggestions?:frown:

Replies

• ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    After losing 100lbs!!! YEAH ME!! I am having a tummy tuck in july.(it's getting close....getting anxious...) my problem is going to be staying out of the kitchen afterwards. My son is going to his grandma's for the whole summer and my husband is taking a week off to take care of me, but after that he will be returning to work and it will be just me and the fridge eyeballing each other all day. I don't have a problem staying at my 1200 calories now, but when I am here alone all day with nothing to do for 6 weeks i'm not sure what i'm going to do. Any suggestions?:frown:
  • leycd
    leycd Posts: 3
    Options
    i just had (2 months almost) a lipo and breat lift... was 140 pounds and now 128... going soon to 100 let's see.. good luck in your surgery
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Sleep and rest as much as you can....like I mentioned before it takes alot out of you and it's a long recovery!
    Don't buy any junk food during that time and plan your meals with lots of fruit and veggies. That is what I did to get through not being able to workout for 4 wks!
    Stay strong and happy recovery!
    Kel~:flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Girl,
    If you have lost 100 pounds, you need to go into "check-in" and go to the bottom to the edit feature and put in your original starting weight that shows you have lost 100 pounds!!!!! You can go back and add any number of milestone dates in the past!

All this time I thought you were one of those who just had a few pounds to lose. WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! I would also change your ticker to reflect how much you've lost instead of how much you have to go. :drinker: :drinker: Then you need to go to the Success Stories and write yours! You are truly an inspiration to the rest of us. And it doesn't matter whether you've lost all that weight with MFP.

Some ideas:
    Sudoku
    Good books
    Good Movies (see if you can find Enchanted April)
  • ambertimmons21
    Options
    I'm going to hate not being able to go to the gym for that long and I know when I do get to go back it will be like starting all over again!!!!:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • ambertimmons21
    Options
    on my profile, there is a picture of me, my mom, and my 2 sisters. I am the one on the right in the grey t-shirt. That was me a couple of years ago.UUUGGGGHHHHH!!!LOL:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about staying at 1200 cals after surgery, just don't have junk around...just healthy stuff.

First, you won't really feel like eating
    Second, your body needs the extra calories to recover, just make sure you don't go completely crazy, eat when you feel hungry, and keep it healthy.

And don't worry about working out. Muscle cell memory is a wonderful thing, you'll be back to where you are fitness and cardio wise in no time at all.
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Take up crocheting....teach yourself, it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it... I can sit and eat up at least 2-3 hours working on a project... it's very therapeutic.

If you do start though, start small... a potholder or a mini baby blanket (think preemie NICU baby sized) so you aren't overwhelmed and think you'll never finish a project. And if you make a few small blankies you could donate them to your local hospital!

Or.... you could stop by the library before you go for surgery and get a few books if you like to read.

CONGRATS on the success BTW! :drinker: