Chaffing?

Options
2»

Replies

• MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Wow - thank you all so much!!!! I had no idea so many others have experience with this issue. I was really feeling like an island unto myself with my little "problem." You all have given me such great advice. I am going to look online now for some tight biking shorts to fit my fat *kitten* so that I can minimize contact. In the mean time, the personal care aisle and I are about to become very well acquainted. Think I will pick up a variety of products suggested here to see which works best for me. Exercise today will consist of resistance band work for the upper body and crunches/torso twists. Thanks again all!!!!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    @Jmun - holy gawd!!! I cannot imagine that. So much better the thighs than the no, no place!:cry:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Gold Bond Powder....Im tellin you its ths *kitten*...
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If there's bleeding, wash it (OW), pat dry (ow ow ow), and put some antibiotic ointment on it (ahhhhh). Can we tell that this has happened?

Once you're done with that, let the areas rest for a day or two. Torso twists, weight lifting, and pilates help burn without unecessary burning!

Getting back into cardio sessions: desitin before and after. Unless of course bleeding happens again, then see above.
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    They have anti-chafing skin protectant stick from Body Glide or other brands. The container is similar to deodorant. You can get it at a sporting good store or a running store.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Wow - thank you all so much!!!! I had no idea so many others have experience with this issue. I was really feeling like an island unto myself with my little "problem."

You are not alone MJ, definitely not on an island.. well unless its a tropical island with internet access :heart:
  • Melisha82
    Options
    This sounds weird, but try applying deoderant to your thighs beforehand (after they've healed cause I'm sure it would burn if they are raw) it helps!!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Body Glide. It's like an anti-Chafe deodorant (except it doesn't actually deodorize). It's pretty inexpensive at the running store. I wear it on my inner thighs when I wear dresses or skirts, it lasted throughout my whole wedding without need reapplication, and you can also rub it on your toes to prevent blisters. It's wonderful.

Vaseline is a good option, but I would think it'd get sticky and I hate sticky. This stuff is deodorant consistency and dry.
  • sasnjk
    Options
    Hi , I think lots of people of all different sizes have trouble with chaffing. I highly recommend something called "Bodyglide" and it is available at sporting good stores. Lots of bicyclists use it and it works great. It looks like roll-on deodorant and I think it costs around $6-7. Well worth it. Good luck- keep exercising!
  • flicker1991
    Options
    I run about 50 -60 miles a week and have had the chafing issues.
    I have used a combination of Bodyglide, 2Toms Sports Shield rollon and Petroleum jelly (the best is the kind used to prevent diaper rash on babies).

Scott
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    DON"T PUT THE BODYGLIDE ON RAW/BROKEN SKIN!!!!
    Also I don't recommend anything mentholated for already chafed skin, but then I have an allergic reaction similar to a chemical burn to menthol!! :)

What I have found to work for me:
    On the chafing (which..TMI... I *have* had in my no no region due to skating with pantyliners on) I use buttpaste. Yes. Buttpaste. It's really a diaper rash cream. Then I move on to monistat antichafing powder gel.
    Prevention: I wear bike shorts under all of my dresses and tight enough workout clothes/leggings that I don't start an inner thigh fire. The soft cotton bike shorts did come up to a 4x in the danskin brand at WalMart, but they may not anymore.... Leggings still do. (and you can wear shorts over leggings if you are uncomfortable in something that revealingly tight.

I have found that I can still work out with the buttpaste on with a pretty minimal amount of pain. :)
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This sounds weird, but try applying deoderant to your thighs beforehand (after they've healed cause I'm sure it would burn if they are raw) it helps!!

LOL. I just meant the container for Body Glide *looks* like a deodorant bar - not that it's actually deodorant :)
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options

On the chafing (which..TMI... I *have* had in my no no region due to skating with pantyliners on) I use buttpaste. Yes. Buttpaste.

LMAO. See, here *I* thought I was the only person to friction burn her vag and here you are....