Protein powder and 30 day shred?

CarthagoDelendaEst
CarthagoDelendaEst Posts: 154
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi guys,

This Friday, I will have completed four weeks of "dieting" without exercise. However, I have ordered the 30 Day Shred and an HRM, so, if they have arrived by then, I will start on Friday.

I haven't really ever exercised before. I'm wondering if it would be worth my while to have a protein shake after every workout to help build muscle. If so, which would you recommend? I don't really understand the whole whey vs no whey stuff... Please bear in mind that I'm in the UK, so availability may be a problem for international brands :)

I'm not at all worried about bulking up...I'm female!

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    You do not work hard enough doing 30 DS to require any special protein supplementation.

Don't get bogged down in details. You should be setting your protein intake at 1.0 to 1.5 grams per kg of body weight. That's for your general food program. The protein can come from a variety of sources. Protein supplements are only necessary if you are having trouble getting it all through your regular food.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Hi guys,

This Friday, I will have completed four weeks of "dieting" without exercise. However, I have ordered the 30 Day Shred and an HRM, so, if they have arrived by then, I will start on Friday.

I haven't really ever exercised before. I'm wondering if it would be worth my while to have a protein shake after every workout to help build muscle. If so, which would you recommend? I don't really understand the whole whey vs no whey stuff... Please bear in mind that I'm in the UK, so availability may be a problem for international brands :)

I'm not at all worried about bulking up...I'm female!

Hey there I am across the pond from you in Ireland but I went into Holland & Barratt they have a great selection of them and really good advice :bigsmile: I basically discussed what I was doing and what I needed and they looked after me :heart:

I also have done the JM 30DS and find it is good doesn't hurt to up the Protein but I also like to add cheese to my diet :heart:

Well done on how you are getting on so far :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks for the advice guys. My protein levels are pretty low from food alone. I am getting nowhere near 1-1.5 grams per kg (I weigh 72.9kg at the moment) and so I went to Holland and Barratt and got some supplements.

ChellieIrish, they were extremely helpful and I got them so cheap due to their promotions and coupons!

16g of protein per serving which should help push up my protein levels :-)

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.