questions about yoga .. need quick help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Crystal_Cherry
Crystal_Cherry Posts: 92
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
AOA

HI ALL... IM A HOUSE WIFE AND HAD A BABY 7 MONTHS AGO... IM KINDA REALY REALY OVER WEIGHT NOW :blushing: AND CANT DO HEAVY EXERCISE... WANT SOME SUGGESTIONS ON YOGA.. CAN I LOSE WEIGHT WITH YOGA?

ALSO THAT AFTER MY C-SECTION CAN I DO EXERCISE WITHOUT HARM????

PLZZ HELP ME.. I CANT FIND HELP ANYWHERE.. VERY CONFUSED:explode:

Replies

• AOA

HI ALL... IM A HOUSE WIFE AND HAD A BABY 7 MONTHS AGO... IM KINDA REALY REALY OVER WEIGHT NOW :blushing: AND CANT DO HEAVY EXERCISE... WANT SOME SUGGESTIONS ON YOGA.. CAN I LOSE WEIGHT WITH YOGA?

ALSO THAT AFTER MY C-SECTION CAN I DO EXERCISE WITHOUT HARM????

PLZZ HELP ME.. I CANT FIND HELP ANYWHERE.. VERY CONFUSED:explode:
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    You can deffinately lose weight just by cutting your calories. Yoga should help you with balance and flexibility, but as far as burning fat and building muscle, I wouldn't think so much. Pilates is nice because it's a little higher intensity than yoga, so it not only works on flexiblity but muscles too. As far as exercise after a c-section totally ask your doctor about that one! Let him determine how intese your work outs should be!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    If you had your baby 7 months ago, you should be okay to exercise. I had a c-section, too.....I was told only not to drive for 2 weeks and shortly thereafter, everything returned to normal.

I would do some cardio pilates or some low-intensity cardio for burning fat...even slow-paced walking is good. But yoga will not actually burn off any fat.
  • thx for replying both of u..:flowerforyou:

so u suggest i must not go for yoga.. but i hv heard there r types of yoga that can help reduce weight... like power yoga and ashtanga yoga.. any comments abt that..

or may be i can go for aerobics.. would that help.. i am going to do brisk walk every day for 1 hour.. coz cant take out more time than that
  • Katy009
    thx for replying both of u..:flowerforyou:

so u suggest i must not go for yoga.. but i hv heard there r types of yoga that can help reduce weight... like power yoga and ashtanga yoga.. any comments abt that..

or may be i can go for aerobics.. would that help.. i am going to do brisk walk every day for 1 hour.. coz cant take out more time than that

I don't know anything about power yoga, so I can't really give you any suggestions about that. However, if you are going to go for a brisk walk for one hour per day, that would burn calories/fat. Then if you do yoga, that would help with muscle tone.

Even just the walking, in my opinion, would be enough to start with. Good Luck! :smile:
  • :drinker:
    THXXX

it was a relief to hear some advice atlast

infact im on a diet as well.. do u diet? my diet program suggests 1 lb per week .. just with diet.. and im loosing that for sure

how does ur diet work?
  • Katy009
    :drinker:
    THXXX

it was a relief to hear some advice atlast

infact im on a diet as well.. do u diet? my diet program suggests 1 lb per week .. just with diet.. and im loosing that for sure

how does ur diet work?

I have just been trying to stay within the calories that are suggested on here. I joined last year when I quit smoking to make sure that I didn't gain during that time. I did manage actually to lose instead, and am now ready to lose the last 8 lbs that seem to be glued to me and not want to go anywhere!

I walk A LOT....it's my main form of exercise, too. I have a daughter and we take the dog out together and that's when I get in most of my exercise. It can be challenging to find time, but you can do it!
  • hope so.....

the last 8 lbs haaann... .. hope u r not going to leave the forum after that..

do u try bbcfood dishes?

i love watching "food for life" and "truth about food"

and most of all "u are what u eat"

they r informative and fun to watch
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    go to yogajournal.com they have ways to build sequences, explanations and what not great site!!!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,646 Member
    Do you own any exercise DVD's?

I found after my c-section that there were several low intesity exercise videos that helped get me back in shape. The Tae-Bo eight minute workout was a great one....Eight minutes for a new mom is perfect!! and it worked....
  • I had a c-section too and I was scared for a bit after to do much...but you can our bodies are amazing things!

At your 6 week post partum check up most people get their all clear form the doctor. So unless you had some major issues with healing. You should be fine. Just start slow and listen to your body.

Good luck.
  • go to yogajournal.com they have ways to build sequences, explanations and what not great site!!!!

thx i will check that out

and u lost 71 lbs .. wow im impressed

seriously.. losing 50 looks like a nightmare to me.. can u plzzzzzzzzzzzz guide me

plz plz plz

i will be obliged
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Test.
  • AngelicDevil80
    AngelicDevil80 Posts: 64 Member
    Do you own any exercise DVD's?

I found after my c-section that there were several low intesity exercise videos that helped get me back in shape. The Tae-Bo eight minute workout was a great one....Eight minutes for a new mom is perfect!! and it worked....

If you dont have exercise videos, go on youtube. I found a lot of good ones there last night!
  • Do you own any exercise DVD's?

If you dont have exercise videos, go on youtube. I found a lot of good ones there last night!

okie dokie i will

thx :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.