How can I get my thighs in shape fast?

Options
I'm doing Power Pump, Zumba, and Boot Camp. I'm squatting, lunging, and lifting weights until I can barely move. The stubborn cellulite on the backs of my thighs does not want to come off. Are there any particular exercises I can do to get rid of it?

Replies

• YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    The only "exercise" you can do is have a great diet for extended periods of time to promote healthy fat loss while minimizing muscle loss. Everything else is supplementary.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    The only "exercise" you can do is have a great diet for extended periods of time to promote healthy fat loss while minimizing muscle loss. Everything else is supplementary.

I agree but an exercise routine must be implemented with the "diet".

However, for me the best thing has been squats! as well as bowler's lunges.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You can't spot lose/reduce fat. All you can do is lose weight as consistently and safely as possible- your body decides where to distribute fat based on how much you have. Sorry there's no quick answer- you just gotta stick with it.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Try running or spinning instead of the zumba. For me they are a better cardio burn and they focus more on the legs. Agree with diet and squats/lunges.
  • deborahkidd
    deborahkidd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weigh 130.0 pounds and have cellulite, I think you can help it but it may never totally go away.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of walking, especially up and down steep hills. I also do a lot of lunges and squats. My thighs were the first things that started looking amazing, and the first thing other people started noticing and complimenting.

Part of it is just the way your body is - we lose weight in different areas, you know?

However, I do think that toning can help. Here's what I recommend: start climbing some big hills. While you walk up, do lunge-walks. Go as low as you can without hurting yourself or making it too difficult to walk smoothly.
  • katzplay62
    Options
    To change your body composition you have to build muscle. Trade off some of the aerobic for some weight training and that will help reduce body fat everywhere, including your thighs.

There is no such thing as spot reducing.

cheers

Kat
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Finally! Accurate responses!
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is like a bubble of fat that burst because it is too big and makes that lumpy look. The only way to reduce this is to simply lose weight and of course you should continue to do squats/lunges to build muscle to have strong healthy legs!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Power pump and Boot camp both focus on weight lifting. Running didn't really do anything for my legs. I did that for about 6 months. My knees really don't like running or the stationary bike at all. The weights seems to be working better than the running did. I guess it's just going to take time. I have been eating healthfully and watching my calories for quite some time now. I've only been weight training for the last 6 weeks or so. I'm 44 years old and have 2 kids. I spent many years being unfit so I'm going to have to make up for that. My thighs are a little thinner (1/2 an inch on each side) than they were a month ago. My body fat percentage came out at 14.4 % this morning which is pretty low for a woman my age. I just feel like I've been working at this so long (a little over a year) and I should look a little more perfect than I do. :) I wondered if anyone had some exercises that particularly focus on the glutes.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,607 Member
    Options
    Debbie Siebers (Slim in 6, Slim Series) does lots of great leg exercises. In addition to squats and lunges, I really like deadlifts (with light weight) and rear leg lifts for working my hamstrings and glutes. Here's a link that shows rear leg lifts:
    http://www.abc-of-fitness.com/training-own-body-weight/rear-leg-lifts.asp
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Thank you!