Hi All!

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to MyFitnessPal. I'm 25 years old, married, and a mother of a two year old.

Recently, I went to the doctor and was told I am borderline overweight. I'm only 5'1" and currently 160 lbs (Just Friday, I was 165). Last Friday, I really started watching what I ate and beginning to exercise.

Since my Freshman year in college (when mommy's yummy yet healthy cooking was no longer available) I have been gaining weight uncontrolably. I come from a generally overweight family and looking at the health problems they are challenged with, I've decided to not let that be me.

So, here I am. I've set some goals for my self and I'm ready to change for a healthier, skinnier me!!

Thanks!!
~Jessica

Replies

• Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And Good luck! :)
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope that you will like it here as well as I do!! This is an amazing place with amazing people!!! Best wishes to you!
  • Gennawest
    Options
    You can do it! This is a great place filled with motivation and success. Wish you well.
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome aboard :)

You will love it here and MFP is a great tool :)
  • MindyF68
    Options
    Welcome, I have only been using MFP for 3 weeks now but I love it, I absolutely love the support you get. The advice is good too.
    If you want you can add me and we can support each other.:smile:
  • jenikkinicole
    Options
    Thanks guys! :))
  • shaeanne
    shaeanne Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site is awesome, and everyone is really super supportive!