I'm taking a break!!!!

Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
From my stupid scale that is! I gained 2lbs since last Saturday! WTF??? I hate that scale so I'm going to take a break from it and instead use a pair of old jeans that don't fit me as my gauge. I'm hoping to get into them by April so we'll see. Wish me luck!

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Never take a short term swing of 5lbs in either direction seriously. Do you really think you ate almost 8000 extra calories since then? Didn't think so.
  • Yeah, the scale can SUCK sometimes.

It's like, how can I be 146, go out drinking all night, wake up, and be 143????

Crazy!

Use those jeans...that's a better gauge!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Thanks for writing this pyro13g. I used to always freak out about an extra or loss of 5lbs when I realized by the next week I had normalized again and when my mom pointed out that she used to gain upwards of 7 lbs a day retaining water. ya never know.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Your jeans won't lie to you.
  • Or you could weigh each day at the same time, say before breakfast and write on a 1 year calendar dedicated to that purpose. I do this and I know my weignt will fluctuate between 3 to five pounds diring each week. It's influenced my the amount of salt, water, and fiber, and frequency of bowel movements.

At the end of the week I circle the High weight and the Low weight and compare with the previous week.

If I've had unusual eating patterns I note it: like " 3 donuts" or "whole bag of cookies".

Hope this helps, and by the way, i've always had this fluctuation even when I was 19 years old!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Wow @cclala that blog is crazy. i always wondered if i was the only one who the scale wouldnt budge...but i fit into smaller clothes. now i know i'm not :)
This discussion has been closed.