olive oil?? are you serious?

Options
So I've just had two OMG moments in the last 2 minutes haha.

First OMG moment
- My dinner was VERY filling. It was a nice big bowl of peppers, courgettes, tomatoes, and mixed frozen veges cooked up in the pan, with some chilli beans on the side just cos I like them, and a bit of parmesan cheese on top of the chilli beans. I was expecting a large calorie count because I'm rather full, but it was ONLY 183cals!

- But then I thought, oh I've got to add the olive oil
2nd OMG moment
:noway: a tablespoon alone added 119cals!

I've SO got to avoid the oil next time haha.

Replies

• HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

First OMG moment
    - My dinner was VERY filling. It was a nice big bowl of peppers, courgettes, tomatoes, and mixed frozen veges cooked up in the pan, with some chilli beans on the side just cos I like them, and a bit of parmesan cheese on top of the chilli beans. I was expecting a large calorie count because I'm rather full, but it was ONLY 183cals!

2nd OMG moment

• Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yes, but olive oil is wonderful for you. I use always a TBSP for veges. If that is too much for you, just use half of that. When I put it on salads, I cut it down to 1 tsp and add 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar with it, but I use it at least once or twice per day.
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Olive oil is good fat so just use half the amount next time. Extra Virgin has even more flavor so a litle goes a long way.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i never use anything but olive oil .. its so good for us
    i just use less or a spray to apply it :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    oh, that's good then, I don't feel so guilty :smile: sounds like it's one of those things it's worth the extra calories for.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    It is very good for you as long as you are not allergic to olives:tongue: like one of my girl scouts:noway:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

First OMG moment

2nd OMG moment

Using two teaspoons daily helps with your skin, energy, and other essentials for your body..It really makes a differnce... Try to keep it as part of your daily intake of calories... also.. look around for othre olive oils to make any meal great.... :bigsmile:
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I agree with all. Olive oil is so good for you. Also there is a spray for olive oil so you really only use a little. Great for salads and you only need a little for the pan
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yes to all the above...plus some vitamins can only be absorbed by the body when fat is present, so you have to have some fat in the diet.
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    Olive oil is too good for you to sacrifice in the name of calories.

Instead, cut something from your diet that is 120 calories and like another kind of dressing or some kind of cookie like that.

Rather sacrifice those unnecessary calories, than nutrition!