Support/Vent: Just wanna pout

Options
Hi everyone,

This has literally been the week from down under (and no, I don't mean Australia) when it comes to vehicles, and when I get stressed, I tend to eat poorly and not make the best decisions. I am just going to vent here, so go ahead and ignore :tongue:

I have a nine year old Mazda Tribute which I only drive about five times a year -- I live 30 miles from my job, and usually drive a Honda Civic, but of course, with the weather this week, thought I should have the option of using 4-wheel drive if I needed it. On the way home on Monday, it decided to "crap out" on me. Took it to our local small-town mechanic (who is REALLY GOOD), and he has done over $770 worth of work to it, and it still isn't working. Next option -- a new engine computer from Mazda (a NAPA one is LOTS cheaper -- but Mazda won't program one from NAPA the way I understand it) that will be around $800-900 to install. Just hate the thought of putting almost $2000 into a vehicle that I rarely drive is making me sick to my stomach. However, I NEED the option of having 4-wheel drive from time to time, so not fixing it isn't really an option, and neither is trading it off for something else (until I have the Civic paid for).

To top it off, my daughter who is in college called this AM, and her car won't start. I know we've been living on borrowed time with her battery, so on top of the expenses of the other car, I get to buy a new battery.

UGH!!!!! UGH!!!!! UGH!!!! Sometimes being a woman alone (I'm a widow), trying to survive on a teacher's salary, absolutely sucks.

Sorry for the rant, but I do feel better.
K

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I really stinks when things like that pile up on you. *hugs*