Constructive criticism, please?

2»

Replies

• AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Congratulations on making it this far!! I notice that you don't track your sodium or sugars in your food diary...those are 2 areas are just as important as the amount of calories or fat you are taking in. Also, those frozen dinners are usually low in calories, but high in sodium so try and stay away from those as best you can. I know we all get busy so I usually take a day on the weekend and make my own frozen dinners so i have something quick to pull out during the week.

Regardless of changes you make those last 15 pounds or so will be a pain to lose, but hopefully some of the tips on here will help =)
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    I don't log my water because truly, I'd never quit logging. I only drink water (with or without crystal light). No sodas or milk or juice or anything else (except the occasional diet hot cocoa if it is really cold out, but I log it). I get in probably 10-12 16 ounce bottles/glasses per day. I already do strength training 3 days per week on the Cybex circuit at the gym and just within the last 6 weeks have added some aerobics classes - I swim laps occasionally, but find the classes more fun. I do eat frozen dinners at works (I work 7 on, 7 off)...they are convenient, as I work night shift and the cafeteria is closed. I could try packing a sandwich or salad for that meal, but I don't really think I'll ever do away with them completely. I think what I'm hearing is to continue the status quo or maybe eat more. I haven't been eating my exercise calories lately - I tried that a bit ago and GAINED a couple of pounds, so I'm leary of doing it again. I could eat half of them, though. I am getting a HRM so I can accurately judge the calories used, but I still have $10 more to save before I can purchase it. Keep the ideas coming! Thanks a million! My MD said he was going to recommend a nutritionist, but I haven't gotten the referral yet...maybe I'll call the office and speed that along.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    I don't log my water because truly, I'd never quit logging. I only drink water (with or without crystal light). No sodas or milk or juice or anything else (except the occasional diet hot cocoa if it is really cold out, but I log it). I get in probably 10-12 16 ounce bottles/glasses per day. I already do strength training 3 days per week on the Cybex circuit at the gym and just within the last 6 weeks have added some aerobics classes - I swim laps occasionally, but find the classes more fun. I do eat frozen dinners at works (I work 7 on, 7 off)...they are convenient, as I work night shift and the cafeteria is closed. I could try packing a sandwich or salad for that meal, but I don't really think I'll ever do away with them completely. I think what I'm hearing is to continue the status quo or maybe eat more. I haven't been eating my exercise calories lately - I tried that a bit ago and GAINED a couple of pounds, so I'm leary of doing it again. I could eat half of them, though. I am getting a HRM so I can accurately judge the calories used, but I still have $10 more to save before I can purchase it. Keep the ideas coming! Thanks a million! My MD said he was going to recommend a nutritionist, but I haven't gotten the referral yet...maybe I'll call the office and speed that along.

Keep in mind that if you have been well under cal goals and start eating exercise cals - it is quite normal to gain a little at first. But that IS temporary. Once your body readjusts, you will start losing again and will lose fat instead of muscle! If you're not fueling the body enough, you will be losing muscle as well as fat, thus lowering your metabolism and making it harder to lose.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    maybe it is coming off slow b/c it will be forever this time :)

I like that!
This discussion has been closed.