splurges!

Options
it's Friday!! and tonight is my one meal a week where i eat anything i want! i was wondering if anybody else had a "splurge meal/splurge day?" i look forward to this moment all week, and knowing that it's coming keeps me from indulging the rest of the week... and if you do have that splurge, what do you splurge on?? i eat cheesecake, ice cream, pizza, cheesesteaks, whatever i am in the mood for... just not all at once! :drinker:

Replies

• jann1281
    jann1281 Posts: 6
    Options
    it's Friday!! and tonight is my one meal a week where i eat anything i want! i was wondering if anybody else had a "splurge meal/splurge day?" i look forward to this moment all week, and knowing that it's coming keeps me from indulging the rest of the week... and if you do have that splurge, what do you splurge on?? i eat cheesecake, ice cream, pizza, cheesesteaks, whatever i am in the mood for... just not all at once! :drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I don't do splurges; I've said before I figure I've had about 35 years of splurging! Plus, I'm really afraid if i did that it would be too easy keep eating, so I'm just getting my mind and body out of that habit. But I've got a lot more to lose than you do, so I think you can 'afford' it more than I could.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a "splurge meal". I had never thought of that. I might give that a try. Thanks for sharing :)
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Splurge meals just throw me off track... Since I still eat my ice creams, and Pizza I don't feel I need to splurge anymore.. Thats how I got where I am today.... But if it works for you good luck... and ENJOY your meal...:bigsmile:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think a splurge meal is a great idea!!!! It kind of gives you something to look forward to and you won't feel so deprived!! I think I will have one too!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I don't have a splurge meal every week, mainly because I don't feel deprived at all and just love how my body feels with healthier foods...but there are times when I don't stress as much...like holidays and special events. For example, tomorrow is my 5th wedding anniversary and we are going to dinner. I will get in a good workout and eat lightly all day but when I get there, I am not going to count calories....I will enjoy the dinner. I may or may not go over my calories...but it's one day, one dinner and as I say...it's not ONE meal that made us overweight. I will get right back on track on Sunday and be done with it.
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Couldn't possibly have a "splurge" meal. I would never come back to reality.

I do have "sometimes" what I "really want" but in small amounts.

I really really really wanted ice cream so I had a spoonful of regular ice cream and then sat upstairs away from the fridge and started to do other things. After I while I forgot about it. Sometimes I'll try a low fat or low calorie kind of what ever I want. Moderation is soooooo the key

Have fun with your splurge!!!!
  • memeburke
    memeburke Posts: 65
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I haven't posted much in a while. I've had a Total Hip Replacement, which has kept me from exercising for 2 months. I was down to 177lbs. from 228 about 3 months ago. I started splurging, thinking I could afford to do that. I weighed in this morning at 190. Let me tell you, I am sooooo depressed because I just am having a hard time getting back on track. EVERY DAY, I say today I'm going to do it right, but EVERY DAY, I seem to fail. I would think that if you splurge, to do it after you've lost all or most of your weight. Each persons wiill power is different. I personally need to buy healthier foods for myself. It's hard for me,at least for now because I'm having a new kitchen put in and I can't use it to cook, not to mention I have a son who's under weight , plus he has low sugar. He likes a lot of goodies in the house. There's also alot of stress within the family. My daughter may have cancer, my brother has cancer and there's nothing the DR. can do to save him. Now my doctor say's I have high elevated white cells and is sending me to a specalist. Sorry for rambling, must have needed to vent. I wouldn't splurge for no reason again, that's all I have to say.
    Shirley