Phentermine

Options
2»

Replies

• Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I was part of that Phen Fin craze in the 90's and sure I lost 50lb on it, but when they took it off the market and I stopped it, I gained it all back and then another 100lb on top of that. I vowed to never, ever take another pill again.

Pills do not teach you how to eat. As said above, stick to a healthy life style and exercise.
  • nurseyoung34
    nurseyoung34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I believe that if ppl were able to adhere to a healthy diet and exercise regimen and lose weight they wouldnt need the aid of a weight loss pill. Its obvious that ppl who take phentermine havent had any luck losing weight through any other method. If by stopping the "pill" weight has increased, its usually because the individual increased their caloric intake, possibly to the degree it was prior to taking the pill. Which would account for the weight gain. After all, when you lose weight your BMR also decreases, meaning you need less calories to fuel your body than you did when you weighed more. Anything in excess of what you need will be stored as fat. Also, if youve been accustomed to eating under 1200 calories a day while on phentermine, YOU put your metabolism at risk to slow down. Its not the medication thats not working in "most" cases, its the choices ppl make that lead to their weight gain. Look up the terms reverse dieting. This will lead to initally gaining more weight, but ppl often do this to get their metabolism increased after eating a very low calorie diet that slowed their metabolism. With all that said, phentermine only makes it easier to eat less calories in, one will lose weight easier without being hungry. Without the pill, hunger returns as it once was. Learning how to eat is a major challenge for most ppl. This will inevitably be a lifelong journey. I feel ppl need to accountable for their own actions and not blame medications for not working. For some, that is the case, but not for all because everyones body is different. I bet if the ppl who gained more weight than before they started the pill looked at their current diet, i would assume it consists of the same foods they ate prior to taking phentermine. Thats because their mindset of eat a healthy diet hasnt been mastered. If you continue to do the same thing, you will continue to get the same result. Im just saying.