How is this possible?

shaelove
shaelove Posts: 10 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
:angry:

I have been working out for that last two weeks. After my first week I weighed in and lost 1 pound. The second week I changed my workout routine from Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to Chalean Extreme which concentrates more on weights and low cardio. I weighed myself today after eating breakfast and working out ( usually I weigh first thing in the morning) so I know I changed my weigh in a little, but the scale said I gained six pounds. How is that possible? I was thinking It would at least stay the same. I always seems to gain weight when I start working out this is not the first time. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Replies

• HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    You just have to give it time. We all want the instant gratification of a constantly downward moving scale, but it's not realistic. It's extremely possible your body is reacting to being on a diet and holding on to water. It's also possible you're either not drinking enough or are drinking too much water. Plus you should check your sodium levels. I learned all this the hard way last week when I gained back all my lost weight (I'm in my third week now), and when I made minor adjustments to my plan, that water weight came back off again. Just be patient and stick with it. The worst thing you could do (which I'm not saying you have, but I was tempted when in your position) is see the scale go the wrong direction and use that as an excuse to pity myself and go off my diet plan. Just know that if you continue, it WILL happen.
This discussion has been closed.